Software Version: G950U1UEU5DSC1
Release Date: 3/27/2019
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Update to Android Pie

6 REPLIES 6
Enthusiast

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 3/27/2019

Hi I noticed this is updated as of yesterday. I recieved my S8 a week ago and have yet to be able to download the Android 9 update. The current post says its available via OTA but I haven't got it. Is this information not updated?
Groupie

Hi,

I have the same question.  When I go to 'Download updates manually' it states:

The latest updates have already been installed.

Current versions G950USQS5CSB1 / G950UOYN5CSB1 / G95OUSQS5CSB1

Security patch level: February 1, 2019.

Groupie

My son's device says the same exact thing.

I've been reading on all these blogs and forums that Samsung released OTA Stable Android 9 with March 2019 security patch, and that all networks have been rolling out individual updates for the S8/S8+ devices on their respective networks.

As of 7 am there is still NO update showing up......

WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN???

When you Google “When will Boost Mobile release update to Android 9 for S8/S8+” this article is listed on there as well as others saying they already have, yet NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN THE UPDATE BOOST MOBILE!!!!!

I love Samsung devices but this is the precise reason I switched to the Pixel 3XL! The very second Google releases an update, be it a security patch or operating system update/upgrade, THESE DEVICES WILL BE AND HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO RECEIVE IT!!!

I love knowing I'll have the most current and up to date. Best thing is that the Pixel operates on both CDMA and GSM networks. So if I was willing to, and I'm not bc he's only 14 lol, I could get my son a Pixel and put it in Boost Mobile. Sorry, got sidetracked there.

Anyways.........

WHEN WILL THE UPDATE START SHOWING ON THE S8/S8+ Devices BOOST MOBILE???
Community Manager

Be careful what you wish for.  The above software update was released and those who took it immediately noticed their LTE no longer worked.  We saw this on both the Sprint and Boost side.  The update has since been suspended until a root cause and subsequent fix is determined.

@cimeelsekalb wrote:
My son's device says the same exact thing.

I've been reading on all these blogs and forums that Samsung released OTA Stable Android 9 with March 2019 security patch, and that all networks have been rolling out individual updates for the S8/S8+ devices on their respective networks.

As of 7 am there is still NO update showing up......

WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN???

When you Google “When will Boost Mobile release update to Android 9 for S8/S8+” this article is listed on there as well as others saying they already have, yet NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE GOTTEN THE UPDATE BOOST MOBILE!!!!!

I love Samsung devices but this is the precise reason I switched to the Pixel 3XL! The very second Google releases an update, be it a security patch or operating system update/upgrade, THESE DEVICES WILL BE AND HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO RECEIVE IT!!!

I love knowing I'll have the most current and up to date. Best thing is that the Pixel operates on both CDMA and GSM networks. So if I was willing to, and I'm not bc he's only 14 lol, I could get my son a Pixel and put it in Boost Mobile. Sorry, got sidetracked there.

Anyways.........

WHEN WILL THE UPDATE START SHOWING ON THE S8/S8+ Devices BOOST MOBILE???

Highlighted
Groupie

That's awesome, not!
I'm glad he never got the update now lol.

Thanks for update. I was starting to spin out bc I'm not seeing anything but every where reads as if he should've received the update.

Is there any timetable as to when it could be ready?
Community Manager

There is not a firm date as of yet.  Still in testing.

@cimeelsekalb wrote:
That's awesome, not!
I'm glad he never got the update now lol.

Thanks for update. I was starting to spin out bc I'm not seeing anything but every where reads as if he should've received the update.

Is there any timetable as to when it could be ready?