Software Version: G950USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

11 REPLIES 11
Groupie

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 10/2/2018

Ever since this update, I don't get any data connection unless I'm connected to wifi and if I do have a data connection its 3G.
Groupie

Ever since this update, I don't get any data connection unless I'm connected to wifi and if I do have a data connection its 3G.
Agent

Hi there Gemri12. I am sorry about the issue there with the data service connection. Let us reprogram your phone. Please follow these steps: Make sure that you have at least two or three bars and turn off your WiFi.
1. On you dial pad, enter ##72786#. When prompt say Yes or OK to all you see there. After the device is updated try your data connection. Please let us know if that worked out.

Groupie

Still operating with poor intermittent 3G service if not using wifi
The LTE symbol appears with the bars and ! Before the data disconnects.
Agent

Gemri12 again I am sorry that did not worked out.  It seems that we need to get into your account for better assistance. Would you please send me a Private Message with your phone, pin number, zip code and closest street? We are here to help. 

Accomplice

Is there supposed to be a setting option for VoLTE that's added in the update? I see no way to utilize it and I'm having no luck finding a coverage map for VoLTE.
Agent

Hi there Sageblayde. Thanks for reaching out. First of all, where are you located, city or state? Second, please go to Settings and see if you have Calling PLUS shown as an option. If you do, and you decide to do the VoLTE software update, calling plus will be remove.  Will be waiting for your reply.

Accomplice

Thanks for replying.  I am located in Schenectady New york. I did the update two days ago and I don't recall having calling plus as an option anywhere previously. Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Community Manager

@Sageblayde wrote:
Is there supposed to be a setting option for VoLTE that's added in the update? I see no way to utilize it and I'm having no luck finding a coverage map for VoLTE.

VoLTE is only available for Sprint at this time.