Samsung j7 Refine has TERRIBLE reception, worse than any phone I've owned

Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung j7 Refine has TERRIBLE reception, worse than any phone I've owned

This new J7 Refine phone is the worst I've ever owned. When I leave home in the morning, it does not switch from wifi to cell service automatically. I have to make a call, switch network mode, or do some other function that resets the sim card to connect to cell service. I cannot send or receive texts until doing so. On my way to work, service drops several times, something I have never had with any other phone. I have contacted Boost and Samsung tech support with no results. Both claim it's the others fault, and Boost just has me do the same worthless steps which does no good. Google the j7 refine and see for yourself. Now negative reviews are finally showing up on Boosts site. DO NOT BUY A J7 REFINE.
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Accomplice

Same. This is my 4th phone and Boost Mobile is not willing to fix the problem. They blame samsung and samsung blames boost.
Highlighted
Groupie

EXACTLY!!!!!!! I spent eight hours chatting with these morons yesterday to no avail. I wish I had read these reviews prior to getting this sorry worthless phone. Then they referred me to Samsung warranty department and I got the run around there. I'm a day trader and I usually use my phone to make trades. I've lost thousands of dollars just because of this worthless phone. They're knowingly passing out these faulty worthless phones. Enough's enough.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I HATE this phone!!  I'm tempted to spend the $700 to get an iPhone!  I had better results from the MOTO-E!

Highlighted
Groupie

I couldn't agree more. What an absolute nightmare. It's Windows 8. Spent eight hours chatting with these morons and then another 2 hours with a warranty department to no avail. There should be individuals doing jail time for producing such egregious garbage
Highlighted
Groupie

I had better luck with two cans and a string
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Good luck with that! I called BOOST and was told it's too late! You have to return ut within 3 days for a refund! I have been a BOOST mobile customer for @ 10 years! I used to buy the $40 phones. Upgraded to an iPhone, but when it was time to replace it, I decided to get a less expensive phone. I used to love my MOTO E. I should have stuck with that. I am definitely looking for new service and a new phone!
Highlighted
Groupie

You are NOT kidding! My brothers refuse to even attempt to talk to me on this stupid phone anymore, and I don't blame them! After we all switched phones and called each other- HANDS DOWN THIS PHONE S*U*C*K*S! The SPEAKER is WORTHLESS TOO! I've bought 2 of these phones and I'm just disgusted! I have been with BOOST for SO LONG and I've just had it! There are no special incentives for staying with them, no free phones, or any significant discounts on new phones for continuing to stay with them and I have 4 lines, so why bother! After comparing phones and service, the moment I get back home, I'm headed to Verizon!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi, glow. We're constantly offering a variety of promotions such as: Campaigns, Trial Plans, Plan Upsell Promos, Handset Upgrade Programs, Discounts, Apps Promotions, and more. All designed to add value to your experience as a Boost Customer. Most of these promotions will be available in-store and to targeted customers only; but you can certainly take advantage of really great deals and specials by visiting the websites: https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/ and https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/deals/. Your business is highly appreciated and that’s how we want you to feel. Please send us a private message so we can take a look at what's happening with your phone.