Samsung j7 Refine has TERRIBLE reception, worse than any phone I've owned

Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung j7 Refine has TERRIBLE reception, worse than any phone I've owned

This new J7 Refine phone is the worst I've ever owned. When I leave home in the morning, it does not switch from wifi to cell service automatically. I have to make a call, switch network mode, or do some other function that resets the sim card to connect to cell service. I cannot send or receive texts until doing so. On my way to work, service drops several times, something I have never had with any other phone. I have contacted Boost and Samsung tech support with no results. Both claim it's the others fault, and Boost just has me do the same worthless steps which does no good. Google the j7 refine and see for yourself. Now negative reviews are finally showing up on Boosts site. DO NOT BUY A J7 REFINE.
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Accomplice

So no one from boost mobile can help me? This is an issue with boost and the j7 refine. Are you going to fix this or not?
Highlighted
Accomplice

Same issue. No problems with two previous phones on Boost. "Upgraded" to J7 Refine and signal drops constantly. Samsung wants me to send phone to them to look at. Nope. Or drive 40 minutes to a service center. Phone is less than a week old. DISGUSTED!
Highlighted
Accomplice

I sent mine to Samsung, they had it for about 10 days and they replaced what I think was the motherboard. When I got it back it still did the same thing and they wanted me to send it back again. I kept it and it's been better, but the reception still sucks and I have to reset the sim card about once every day.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I've had my J7 Refine since June or July and haven't had any issue until about a month and a half ago with the reception. Idk wtf is going on,all the sudden I can't do any kind of video chat and I'm missing calls that I don't know about bc of it going straight to voicemail. Having serious problems with stuff taking too long to load but then there will be 3 bars or more of signal. It almost always shows me having signal anytime any of these problems occur.
Highlighted
Agent

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Km2148. Let's get this straightened out for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Has boost fixed your problem? My phone still won't work after sending to samsung twice.
Highlighted
Accomplice

No. They want me to drive 45 minutes to a store or send the phone back. Just suffering through it.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I sent my phone back to samsung for a second time and they found nothing wrong yet boost says it's the phone. Boost is lying. They have to know that there are problems with the j7 refine.
What a scam. Thanks for replying. Now.i know it's not just my j7 refine. Good luck.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I agree. I had no issues on Boost with 3 previous phones. And I think Boost should fix or replace as it is brand new and purchased through them.