Samsung j3 emerge

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung j3 emerge

neither my tv, nor my laptop, recognize the hotspot from my phone. do i have to change some setting for it to be recognized?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

yes, my laptop AND my former TV would both be able to connect to the internet, but now it doesn't recognize either one. as a matter of fact, i was trying to connect to the internet through my new TV and figured I had done something wrong with the connections so I tried to look it up online using my computer but couldn't.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there rigsy. Have you been able to connect these devices previously? Victor21

Highlighted
Accomplice

yes, my laptop AND my former TV would both be able to connect to the internet, but now it doesn't recognize either one. as a matter of fact, i was trying to connect to the internet through my new TV and figured I had done something wrong with the connections so I tried to look it up online using my computer but couldn't.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

I also was on hold for over 20 minutes with support and spoke to Brian who "reset" my phone.
Highlighted
Agent

@rigsy, did technical support resolve the issue?

Highlighted
Accomplice

no...i thought that was understood from my inquiry.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that. Does the hotspot's name show up on the devices that you are trying to connect? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

yes, the name is visable. but when i select the name and enter the password, it says that there is no network or something to that effect, at least on my laptop. on my TV, i have no idea because it doesnt show a list.
Highlighted
Agent

Does the no network show once you access a web browser or as soon as you try to connect the laptop to your phone?

Highlighted
Accomplice

the no network shows immediately on the laptop and i guessyou could say immediately on my TV. But the TV never registers the name so i only get as far a entering the password in the set up, so Im not sure.