Hello, samgb! Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry about the trouble. Let's get this thing figured out. Bear in mind that phone batteries by design will get warm when certain tasks are performed on the device.
- This is because the operation requires more battery power to allow the modem to perform the task.
- Usually these tasks involve heavy use of data.
- This is normal and does not indicate an issue with the device or the battery.
Here are some examples that involve heavy use of the battery and the modem:
- Enabling the device as a Mobile Hotspot to share the data connection through Wi-Fi.
- Playing streaming Video, such as YouTube, Netflix, Slingbox Media Player, etc.
- Playing streaming Audio, Pandora, etc.
- Playing network-games.
- Using an online chat application, such as Snap Chat.
- VOIP (Voice over IP applications) such as Skype, Fringo, Mobile Voip, NetTalk, etc.
- Video Chat applications such as Skype, Google Talk / Hangout, Viber, Fringo, Zoom.us, Camfrog, PalTalk, ooVoo, etc.
If you are not using any of these, but the device during normal operation gets warm and the battery loses power quickly, please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN so we can review this further for you.
To send a private message you simply go to one of our agents profile who you want to send a message to and hit the "send this user a private message" button. It's under their contact section on the right side of their profile, right next to their badges.