Samsung S8 not sending or receiving group texts, having issues with wifi...

Go to solution
Accomplice

Samsung S8 not sending or receiving group texts, having issues with wifi...

I've been doing a lot of research on this topic and it seems like it started with a software update. I am not able to view group texts; instead I can see that they sent a "multimedia message" that I have to download. However, probably 9 times out of 10, it will not download the message and instead give me a network error message. I'm now starting to have problems viewing texts that are not group texts. It's also been having issues with wifi and randomly disconnecting or not loading my apps even when I'm connected to a network. 

I'm getting really frustrated. I've tried dialing the ##72786# which will work for a short time. I've tried restarting or turning it off completely, waiting a while, and turning it back on, which usually doesn't work. I've tried clearing the cache for all of my apps. I've deleted a bunch of unnecessary data. I've even done a full factory reset (in which I learned that Samsung cloud does not back up photos...). I've talked with Samsung agents who have provided no long term answers. 

At this point, I'm about to buy an iPhone or something. I don't know what to do. Any input is greatly appreciated.

See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Hi there! Please try switching to 3g. You can do so by going to Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select CDMA (the option with no LTE). You can change this setting at any time. Let us know if the issue persists while on 3g.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Hi there! Please try switching to 3g. You can do so by going to Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select CDMA (the option with no LTE). You can change this setting at any time. Let us know if the issue persists while on 3g.

View solution in original post

Accomplice

That seems to be working for now. I'll have to post an update in a few days and see if it's still working. Isn't 3G not as good? 

Agent

Sounds awesome! Yes, 3G is good. You can use it meanwhile. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

...meanwhile what...? How do I get it to work on the 4g network?
Agent

An upcoming software release will address this permanently. You can use it meanwhile the update is available. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Accomplice

Oh great! Thanks for the clarification
Agent

You're welcome. It was our pleasure to assist you. Remember that you can also access your account here to make payments, plan changes, check your due date, and more. We remain at your service. Have a nice day and stay safe! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25