Samsung S8 not able to receive/make calls or texts

Enthusiast

Samsung S8 not able to receive/make calls or texts

My phone had an update over the weekend and since then I have not been able to make or receive calls or texts.  I have done all the cache clearing, starting and restarting with no luck.  Any thoughts?  I need my phone to work from home and log into a secure VPN so I am desperate.

362 REPLIES 362
Accomplice

BOOST, FIX IT ALREADY. I HAVE TO KEEP IT IN 3G ELSE IT DISCONNECTS ALL.THE.TIME. THIS HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH. YOU TAKE FULL PAYMENT BUT PHONE DOES NOT WORK HALF THE TIME

Accomplice

That's what I'm expecting, unfortunately. If it does, I'll go back to twitter and keep annoying them until they block me.

Accomplice

Has any one found a solution this is been happening to me since August 1 when I updated. I've talked with numerous people techs from boost they gave me the code which works but not for long, I dont think I should be paying for service when I have to put in a code to get the phone to work and if you are not connected to wifi, the code won't work. Then they transferred me to Samsung, who reset my phone and I still nothing
They can't do anything because my phone is over a year and I'm not under warranty. This so unfair to us as consumer
Accomplice

Yep! Didn't even make 24 hours. Oddly, the SIM information said that it had voice, but I couldn't call out--although my wife could call and it would ring.

Accomplice

We need to report them to the better business bureau. They will not doing nothing to help , they only want to collect... I'm looking to switch we've been a customer of boost for over 10yrs and they dont care
Accomplice

That was....helpful?

Capture.PNG

Accomplice

Samsung's response:

Capture.PNG

Accomplice

I think it's kinda obvious that there is no resolution to this problem other than resetting your phone 10 times a day or switching to a different carrier. I opted to switch to Verizon (some good deals to be had when you switch).

I wish you all luck getting this issue fixed, I think you will need it!

Accomplice

I'm tempted to switch to T-Mobile, as that's the closest to my current plan. Verizon, at least where I live, is more than three times what I'm currently paying.

EDIT: I should mention that Samsung has started rolling out an update...in Germany...for only specific models of the S8. Not super helpful to me.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s8-s8-now-receiving-september-2020-security-update/amp/

Enthusiast

In the link you shared it says you can side load it. Do you know how to do that?

My phone is doing the same as everyone else's. Somehow mine only started about a week ago and I use it for work and without a fix, I will be leaving boost and Samsung.