Samsung S8 not able to receive/make calls or texts

Enthusiast

Samsung S8 not able to receive/make calls or texts

My phone had an update over the weekend and since then I have not been able to make or receive calls or texts.  I have done all the cache clearing, starting and restarting with no luck.  Any thoughts?  I need my phone to work from home and log into a secure VPN so I am desperate.

362 REPLIES 362
Accomplice

ya, I have basedband version G95OUSQU7DTG2  LAST UPDATED AUG 4TH! I have 2 i-phone's also with boost no issues! Samsung S-8 will not send mms with wifi and data both on, it seems like it won't default to data to send mms?

Accomplice

you can unlock your phone with boost! as long as you have had it for 12 months! just did mine because I might just switch also! They tried to give me 5 bucks! for 3wks of nonsense!
Accomplice

You can also pay to unlock your phone if you haven't been with Boost for 12 months. Google carrier unlock and your phones model number. Many unlock sites have reasonable rates, but there are some scam sites. Check reviews and do at your own risk.
Accomplice

Galaxy S8

SM-G950U

G950USQU7DTG2

Accomplice

This has been happening to my husband on his S8 and it's been getting worse and worse. Their customer service is trash, and we have done that ##7 number dozens of times over the last 4 weeks. We paid off the phone then asked to have it unlocked to switch, and even though we have been customer's of Boost for 12 years, they will not unlock his phone because he just got it 3 months ago. They are offering ZERO help.  This is, by far, the WORST flipping cell phone provider.  Oh, and they changed his number, we did not request one, to a number with a different state's area code. Boost can eat it. They are literally the devil.

Accomplice

Mine is worse today than before.  No help from Samsung or Boost. This is utterly ridiculous.

Accomplice

Hello u0999 Accomplice,
I was contacted by a representative of one of the companies that took over Boost in this merger/ switch over.
Accomplice

I went to the boost store near my work. The guy changed the sim card in my phone. It worked for 19 hours, now the same **bleep** again.

Accomplice

Wow, they won't unlock his phone even though you paid it off?! Can they really do that? I'm deeply concerned because I just bought two new phones from them, they changed their service areas, and my home and work are not in it anymore. I literally can't even use the phones, so I have got to find another carrier by tomorrow or I lose my job. Thanks, Boost!

Accomplice

you did better than me, I went to a boost store and the guy wouldn't even touch my phone, said you have to back it up and do a full reset! no thanks1