Samsung Galaxy s10 plus

Accomplice

Re: Samsung Galaxy s10 plus

Calling them now, thank you!
Accomplice

Update: I go my s10+ today, but for some reason my phone is saying not compatible now. I bought the factory unlocked model from Best Buy. Model # SM-G975UZKAXAA

Accomplice

@trillzoe60 I'd give them a call or chat with them through the My Boost app and they can send you the correct SIM.
Accomplice

Update: Got it! I told them i got the phone from Best Buy and then they sent me the link to purchase sim card. I just provided them the iccid code # for the sim card byod kit i got from Sprint and it worked.

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @trillzoe60! Thanks for contacting us. Did you check your phone's eligibility at: https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone Bear in mind that, not all phones are compatible with our service. Please visit the link previously provided to confirm its eligibility. If it is compatible, the system will provide you with instructions on how to get a proper SIM Card. Do not switch SIM cards from another phone to this one, since it will not work. 

Enthusiast

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with the Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus I purchased from Best Buy. Here are some details about the phone and SIM models:

I got the white model.
Model: SMG975U1ZWAX
SIM Model: SIMOLW416TQ - It came in Virgin Mobile packaging.

Prior to purchasing this phone, I was a Boost Mobile customer already, so this is a swap for me. I picked up my phone from Best Buy on Friday (3/8) and called Boost Mobile that same day. I walked through the prompts to transfer service, but since the unlocked model comes with no SIM, I was put in the queue to talk to a rep.

I explained to the rep that it was the Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, then he said he would see if there was a compatible SIM for it. He found one and they shipped me the SIM model mentioned above. It arrived today (3/12).

I called again and went through the activation process for the phone, then went to a rep. The first rep told me the SIM was not compatible with this phone. I explained to him that this is the SIM I was sent by Boost Mobile. He then transferred me to tech support (about a 5-10 minute wait). The next rep was able to get my phone activated with no problem. I just provided him the MEID and the SIM's number and it went right through!

I hope this helps those of you still looking for answers!
Enthusiast

Will the same method work for the S10? I don't really NEED a Plus.

So I can just buy an unlocked version from Samsung and then buy the sim card kit from Best Buy and activate it through Boost?

I also want to get my number switched over to the phone. I won't have any issues will I?

Accomplice

Any of the S10's should be the same once you get the phone you can put the phones IMEI number on the Boost BYOD site and it will tell you the exact SIM card you need.

Accomplice

I have the unlocked S10 and I bought a SIM card from Sprint and currently have it setup and working as it should and ran into no issues.

Agent

Hi there, @daiko! The Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ purchased unlocked from Samsung are compatible with our service, you'll just need a compatible SIM card.