Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Is Boost going to get the S9 Plus?

Highlighted
Groupie

Hey all, todays may 9th 2018, and just wanted to let EVERYONE know you can use the Samsung galaxy 9+ by purchasing the unlocked model (I bought the coral blue model) off Amazon for a hefty price and to use it with boost. Now I already had boost before I started but when I called support to try to as activate my new phone, the nice guy basically said I had to buy the following sim card: "sim olw506tq". (He said normally you can request boost to send you one free of charge if your already a boost customer but they were currently out of stock and I didnt really want to wait for it through mail) so the next step is going to best buy or your local Walmart store and look for the cell phone section/boost section and actually look on the sim card packaging for the SAME sim number mentioned above "sim olw506tq" (note that the package will have TWO other sims that you wont use); the last step is buying it for $9.99 and inserting it in your new SG9+ (I had to pop out the nanosize I believe from the card, I could be wrong on the name but just match the shape to which simshape to pop out and make sure on the actual card it has that SAME model ## mentioned above again); now for me I just had to login into my boost account to tranfer my number, very easy, new customers will have to pick a plan (I would prefer you to do that separate on a regular computer) then once you have your account set up, go back to your new phone, login your credentials, and ENJOY! -Hope this helps I couldn't really find anything, this DETAILED out on the internet.
(* I went from Samsung galaxy 7, and it is true that you CANNOT use your sim coming from the 7 for the 9+, hence the reason why I wrote this).
**(also amazon has a bundle deal right now for "no cost extra" when you purchase the S9+, you automatically get the wireless charger & 128GB SD card.
-Kevin.
Highlighted
Groupie

Solution.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Possibly but around when the S10 comes out.