Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Galaxy S9

Update: The Galaxy S9+ unlocked has a network connectivity issue. It seems that it's better getting the device from  the carrier. But unfortunately Boost doesn't offer the phone.. Now maybe an upcoming software update will fix the issue, since Samsung has acknowledged that the S9+ unlocked variants has issues. 

Highlighted

They just use Sprint sim cards

Highlighted

They just use Sprint sim cards, I have an S8 and it came preinstalled with a Sprint sim

Highlighted
Accomplice

@trillzoe60@IrossdrummerI don't understand. I bought my S9+ directly from Samsung, the sim card from best buy & was able to activate the phone without having to call tech support or even go online. It works just fine even though in occasions I noticed a lost on signal strength but I attribute that to the boostmobile network itself not the phone. In short, get the phone directly from Samsung (they even have a descent trade in program), get the sim directly from boostmobile or best buy, activate the phone (existing boostmobile customer). Those of you coming from a different network might have to go thru  https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone to complete the process.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I bought my S9+ from Best Buy as well as the Boost Mobile BYOD sim from them. The phone worked for like a day or two then I got really slow LTE speeds. Now it seems to work fine yet apps in Galaxy Apps when updating or downloading seems are slow compared to Google Play. I guess it'll be fixed via a software update. I am coming from MetroPCS but I already had like 3 months with Boost before I bought the unlocked S9 Plus. I should note that when I flashed the T-Mobile carrier firmware on the phone it has worked better in terms of reception and mobile data speeds.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Finally update:

The unlocked S9+ has an issue with its firmware and I can 100% confirm it. After flashing the T-Mobile G965U update ARC6 with the March security patch yesterday, everything on my phone is working 100% fine. My LTE speeds match everything when browsing social media and watching YouTube videos. I guess maybe it's not all s9+ unlocked devices that's affected, that's why few of you guys said you guys don't have a problem on your device. I spoke to a Samsung rep and they said they're well aware of the issue on the s9+ unlocked and is working on a fix.
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Samsung S9+ Unlocked

It is very much possible! I just purchased an unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S9+(Midnight Black) from Best Buy. I also purchased a Boost Mobile SIM card starter kit from Best Buy. I took it home and activated it on the BOOST MOBILE NETWORK with no problem. Guy.......It works!!!! Yay!!!!!
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Unlocked Galaxy s9+

I went to Best Buy today and picked up an Unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S9+(Midnight Black) along with a Boost Mobile SIM card starter kit(also from Best Buy). I went home and activated it with no issues at all. I didn’t have to call Boost Mobile. I completed the entire activation online without any issues. I hope this help those of you who were wondering if it would work out. IT WORKS!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!
Highlighted
Accomplice

LTE OUTAGE IN MY AREA
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, trillzoe60! Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.