Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted

Samsung S9+ Unlocked

I hope to learn from this thread when the Samsung S9+ Unlocked phone would be supported to be activated as part of a BoostMobile plan. I want to join this subsidiary. 😞

Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Samsung S9+ Unlocked

Highlighted
Agent

Hey the @NYCKid How can we help you today?

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I was trying to reply to the person asking about bringing an unlock S9+ to boost.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I don't think it's possible!!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello @Arte7sol No, the bring your own for this device is not available for this model yet.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Thanks for waiting, Boost Fam.  As with other factory unlocked or open market phones, the GS 9+ factory unlocked version (also known as the Special Edition) should be eligible for activation 3/16.  Info will be updated on the website when the device is actually released.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Galaxy S9

Factory Unlocked versions should be supported starting 3/16, barring any unforeseen complications.  We'll update here if something like that comes up.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Galaxy S9

Me too! I've been on boost for years and I love my family plan so much as I have a wife and 4 kids (only 2 have phones so far), but I want the S9+, and I really don't want to have to go to a different carrier just to get the phone I need. Please make it work... Please!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Awesome, now another question. Will everything work with my plan? Roaming, data, text and all of that?
I know the device hasn't been released and it's impossible for you to tell if everything will work normally with the s9+, but do you know how that has worked for other unlocked devices such as the note 8 unlocked when brought over to boost or any other device?