Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Hiya All,

Any knowledge if Boostmobile going to carry the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Thanks for waiting, Boost Fam.  As with other factory unlocked or open market phones, the GS 9+ factory unlocked version (also known as the Special Edition) should be eligible for activation 3/16.  Info will be updated on the website when the device is actually released.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

73 REPLIES 73
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Galaxy S9

If I order an unlocked Galaxy S9 from Samsung, can I use it on boost mobile?

Highlighted
Agent

Re: Galaxy S9

Hey there! Thanks for being part of our Boost Mobile community. We don’t have any news to share about that just yet. Stay in touch with us here!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Unlocked Galaxy s9+

As I understand it, the way for an unlocked Samsung phone to work in the Boost network is if it had been bought in their samsung.com website unlocked, right? is it gonna be the same with the galaxy s9+? because that's the phone I want, and I know Boost is only going to have the regular S9 small version in Black which I'm not really in the market for. 

Honestly, it's very confusing to know which phones can be brought over, since the tool you have here in your website works only for unlocked used phones you already have in your hand, but what if I want to purchase a new unlocked phone? how will I even know if it's going to work?. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Update:  Yes, Boost will offer the Galaxy S9 starting 3/16/18.  Order it from BoostMobile.com!

Community Manager

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

We'll carry the Galaxy S9 starting 3/16/18.  We won't carry the S9+ at launch.  I'm reaching out to find out if the Open World (factory unlocked) version would be eligible for activation.

Community Manager

Highlighted
Agent

Re: Unlocked Galaxy s9+

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, if you don't have the phone, we're unable to verify it'll be compatible with our system. If you're planning to buy a new phone, we recommend you to do it online or in a Boost store.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

You replied " Yes, Boost will offer the Galaxy S9 starting 3/16/18.  Order it from BoostMobile.com!

But here's my question.

Now at the samsung website, you are able to reserve an unlocked version that you can pre order, 

my question is, can I bring that unlocked pre ordered phone to boost mobile. 

Here is the link so there's no confusion: https://www.samsung.com/us/smartphones/galaxy-s9/buy/s/Carrier/

Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm going to tentatively say yes, because they're essentially the same device.  I've already asked for clarification about the carrier unlocked version of the S9+ because we won't carry a Boost specific version.  I'll let you know when I have heard back.. Historically, factory unlocked versions are eligible for activation.

Community Manager

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Will the Samsung galaxy s9 plus be available?