Samsung Galaxy S9 - No LTE service

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S9 - No LTE service

For over a week now, I have had no LTE service on my S9 - only 3G. Wi-Fi works, and I can make and receive phone calls and texts, but I need that LTE service for when I'm out and about. I have tried the following:

1) Set Network Mode (under Connections/Mobil networks) to LTE/CDMA instead of Automatic. No change.

2) Took out and put back in the SIM card. No change.

3) Reset the network settings. No change.

4) Updated PRL in System Updates and restarted the phone. For a few seconds, LTE was back, but then it disappeared again.

5) Updated Profile in System Updates and restarted the phone. No change.

I have NOT tried a complete factory reset - while much of what I have is backed up, not all of it is, and I'd rather not resort to that yet if there's another solution. I see that other people have been dealing with this, too., but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on how to proceed. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accomplice

Never mind. After going through the Samsung boards, I got the phone working on my own by downloading/installing the latest software update (even though it had updated once already earlier this month), switching off WiFi, dialing ##72786#, and then switching my network mode back from "LTE/CDMA" to "Automatic" and letting the phone restart and find the LTE service on its own. That seems to have restored LTE service. You might wish to pass this along to the techs - it was a pretty simple solution.

View solution in original post

241 REPLIES 241
Highlighted
Accomplice

Meant to add that I've had this phone for around 2 years with no issues until now. I've been a Boost customer for over 13 years, so would really appreciate the help!

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

After going through private messaging on Monday, I was told that Ticket # ***** had been created and that I should allow 72 hours for technicians to update me. I have heard nothing in 4 days (96 hours). Can someone update me on what's going on? After all these years, I'd like to stay with Boost, but this lack of responsiveness is causing me to look at other phone carriers.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @TriciaL We apologize for the inconvenience. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you're experiencing. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Never mind. After going through the Samsung boards, I got the phone working on my own by downloading/installing the latest software update (even though it had updated once already earlier this month), switching off WiFi, dialing ##72786#, and then switching my network mode back from "LTE/CDMA" to "Automatic" and letting the phone restart and find the LTE service on its own. That seems to have restored LTE service. You might wish to pass this along to the techs - it was a pretty simple solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm having the same issue. Its been over a month without lte and spotty 3g.
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear that, Jlrobertson. We want to look into this for you. Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you.

Highlighted
Accomplice

hello,

I'm so frustrated, I have been a boost member for 5 years and I have never experienced a situation like this. All I'm asking for someone to do is explain why is my new S9  on 3G after 17 months being on LTE/4G. I did all the #"s, resets, updates, calling numeral times to rep for boost, and Samsung, got a new Sim card, and I am still on 3G. The service is so slow and sometimes it drops the internet this is unacceptable service when you are paying for the LTE/4G and not getting it. I don't want to hear you apologize again, I want you to fix the problem or I would have to find another carrier who can guarantee me LTE/4G service. 

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this?