Samsung Galaxy S9 - No LTE service

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S9 - No LTE service

For over a week now, I have had no LTE service on my S9 - only 3G. Wi-Fi works, and I can make and receive phone calls and texts, but I need that LTE service for when I'm out and about. I have tried the following:

1) Set Network Mode (under Connections/Mobil networks) to LTE/CDMA instead of Automatic. No change.

2) Took out and put back in the SIM card. No change.

3) Reset the network settings. No change.

4) Updated PRL in System Updates and restarted the phone. For a few seconds, LTE was back, but then it disappeared again.

5) Updated Profile in System Updates and restarted the phone. No change.

I have NOT tried a complete factory reset - while much of what I have is backed up, not all of it is, and I'd rather not resort to that yet if there's another solution. I see that other people have been dealing with this, too., but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on how to proceed. Can anyone help?

170 REPLIES 170
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello I have had almost exactly the same issue and still do today.  I think it might have something to do with boost being bought by dish. I have seen other post from folks having basically the same issue.  One rep said they are moving to dish towers. I did not think dish had towers..  Samsung said it is all on the isp provider.  Boost reps said it was a samsung update.  We are in the middle of Giants. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I applied your solution last week and it seemed to work but now I'm right back to where I was back to 3G and absolution no longer works this sucks I paid for 4G I'm not getting 4G how can this be legal what can I do
Highlighted
Accomplice

I guess I'm going to complain to the better business bureau and consumer affairs again because I don't know solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been with boost I was like their first 100 customers guess this true all these years and all these years I've put up with the nonsense but I'm really getting a little tired of it it seems they're not solution-oriented and not really caring about us so I'm looking for the same new company... Anybody have a great suggestions?
Highlighted
Accomplice

I applied your fix last week ..it then worked, but now it's back to 3G . I think there's more than a gremlin involved let's face it Sprint is absorbed T-Mobile something about dish Network and we're all getting the slam for it's not right

Highlighted
Accomplice

Back to only 3g after trying your solutions. Worked for a few hours, then back to 3g. This is becoming a problem not being able to send and receive data for work.
Highlighted
Promoter

we have a network issues in the old network because 2 weeks ago i ve 4 g but no calls soon cdma network gona stop to work
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Please try the following: Please make sure that your device is connected to the internet be it via Wifi or mobile data, then go into Settings > System Updates > Check for and download any software update available. Once it is installed, turn off your Wifi and go into Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and select "CDMA/LTE". Once that is selected, dial the code ##72786#. If the phone asks for confirmation, select the option to say yes. If the issue persists after the process is completed, feel free to send us a private message so we may work directly with you. Agent's inboxes are shared, so feel free to send a message to any agent and the next available representative will reply to your private message.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

After 12-18 hours over the last week, speaking with Boost and Samsung, I'm at a loss. They both blame each other. The phone tech support teams have tried everything, we've even done a full hard factory reset. I've been to the store and spent two hours there while the Boost store manager worked on it to no resolve. I've been to the Samsung hardware support center who says the device test fine and that its a software/service provider issue. I'm sure there will be some lame response from someone to DM them here so they can perform the same ## commands, or the same reset or update profile or PRL, etc, etc. I've been thru this too many times in the past week to count. I have two of these S9 devices, they both only get 3G with three bars, regardless of location and neither will hold a call or provide consistent data. Once I get high enough in the support queue, I've been told countless times, "Yes, this is a problem and we are aware. Some users get back on LTE, but many call back with the same issue." Why can't Boost just admit there is an issue and a fix is coming soon? Why leave the customers without a solution and spending hours of their own employees time troubleshooting this known issue. 

I was told to call back yesterday to get an update. It took me one hour just to convince them to escalate the call high enough for a supervisor to then contact someone else to get some update. I was told yesterday to call back on Friday for an update. Geeze....

However, seems odd we started having this problem after Boost was sold off to Dish Network on 7/1/2020. My guess is there is some compatibility issue with the towers that Boost/Dish now leases and the Samsung devices. The fact that nobody will admit to this issue seems Dish Network has been setup to fail with their new purchase, and the customer suffers.

Highlighted
Promoter

Is a network issue in. My area one time only haved lte no calls I write calls ect they said network is fine was my phone I was a lie Thursday of that week miracle calls and txt start work after dish bought service in the old networks is worse