Samsung Galaxy S8 'Profile Update could not be completed'

Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S8 'Profile Update could not be completed'

After installing the update this morning, I am getting the message that the profile cannot be updated. I have had nothing but issues with this phone for the past two weeks, and am wondering what this latest error is, and how I can fix it WITHOUT having to buy a new phone, so close to when the BoostUP! contract is set to be paid off. 

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 'Profile Update could not be completed'

Hi there! Definitely wanna look into that for you. Can you tell us more about the update that you installed? 

Accomplice

It was a security update. I honestly cannot remember anything else about it. It didn't take long to install at all. Everything was working fine, until then. 
It was installed at around 7:30am 

Agent

In that case please turn off your Wifi, then make sure that your mobile data is On and try to perform a PRL update. If you don't receive any errors, then proceed with a profile update. You can perform the updates by going to Settings > System Updates. Let us know if you get any errors.

Accomplice

It gave me the same message on my drop down notification.
'The profile update could not be completed.'
Next Auto-retry at 1:13 PM
Agent

I see. We'd like to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

I am also experiencing this issue with the most recent security update.
Agent

Hi there, @ndogg34. Sorry to hear that you're affected by this issue. When updates are downloaded and install, they may come with some bugs or issues. These issues are usually fixed when perform a Factory Reset. The Factory Reset will restore the phone to its default values by deleting everything from the device. We recommend that you back up your info first.