Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

Once they transferred your S8+ phone to boost mobile, did  it work? Was it doable? I only ask because I am also interested in an S8+ but I keep reading off different articles, that Boost cannot work with the S8+. 

elaine01 wrote:

I have the s8 plus through sprint and already contacted them a month or so ago.  They transferred me to boost and customer service advised it was only compatible with the s8 and did not know when boost would add the plus; was told I could buy the s8 and switch but I told her I had just bought the plus and wasn't buying another phone.  

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have the s8+ on boost. I just had to have a special SIM card.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Would you mind sharing where you purchased your device and what kind of sim card you used?

Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @daiko! To activate a Samsung S8 Plus it must be open market. Not wireless carrier-specific. Unlocked by OEM.
To confirm the device compatibility, please click here. Just enter the device IMEI and click continue.
If compatible, the option to purchase a SIM card will be presented. Just follow the prompts to process the order.

Highlighted
Groupie

Nano sim from boost sim pack
Highlighted
Groupie

Best buy
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Why does boost only carry the s8+ used? I purchased a used one and the plug almost melted and could have caused a fire. I don't want another used one, I want a new one.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Why does boost only carry the s8+ used? I purchased a used one and the plug almost melted and could have caused a fire. I don't want another used one, I want a new one.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

great i was not able to swap my s8 plus thru my account, but i was able thru this link,. than

@RossyC wrote:

Hey there, @daiko! To activate a Samsung S8 Plus it must be open market. Not wireless carrier-specific. Unlocked by OEM.
To confirm the device compatibility, please click here. Just enter the device IMEI and click continue.
If compatible, the option to purchase a SIM card will be presented. Just follow the prompts to process the order.

ks