Samsung Galaxy S7

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy S7

Can I buy an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 @ Best Buy and get activated on boost mobile? I have seen multiple threads and they all have different answers. I saw the Samsung Galaxy S7 Sepical Edition is under BYOD but what does Special Edition mean. I have looked it up and no one really knows. PLEASE HELP me ASAP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7

I took the risk of buying it from Best Buy and the risk payed off I was able to connect it to boost mainly because they reprogrammed their phones to GSM and CDMA compatible.

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Greetings @Javrod113,  The Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Special Edition are two different models of phone so if you purchased the unlocked GS7 from Best Buy and tried to activate it on Boost, chances are that the MEID or ESN would return an error that the phone is not compatible.

You might be able to have an employee in a Boost store submit a ticket to have the ESN added to our database but I cannot promise that.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Enthusiast

I took the risk of buying it from Best Buy and the risk payed off I was able to connect it to boost mainly because they reprogrammed their phones to GSM and CDMA compatible.

Community Manager

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.