Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Camera Problems

Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Camera Problems

Having issue with my S7 edge camera keeps crashing. I do the settings reset. Still crashes. All this started happening when i upgraded to Oreo. I had no problems when it was 7.0. I held off the upgrade long as i could til i was tired of seeing the pops ups to upgrade.  I had downgraded to 7.0 using Odin and 7.0 stock firmware from Sammobile.  i upgraded again to see if they fixed the camera issue.  But they still havnt. Now since the newest firmware update i cant downgrade to 7.0 anymore.  Lucky i did purchase a samsung s6 from boost and carry it with me for selfies and video cause my s7 is horrible with selfies and crashes alot doing video. Why is this??

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Hey, jacobs2304! It seems that this camera issue is caused by the software update. We recommend contacting your device manufacturer for assistance. You can reach Samsung support at 800-726-7864 or 800-726-7864. 

Accomplice

well i know that, i got the phone preowned from you guys here at boost. 

Its 2 years old so i know they will probably say nothing can be done right?

Agent

Understood, jacobs2304. It is not covered under the 1 year warranty. Pre-owned devices have a 90 days warranty.

Accomplice

so most likely if anyone else has this issue or any issue similar they are screwed if they got the phone from here. and they had it for more than 3 months.  I was going great with 7.0....no camera issues at all.., now it stops audio in recording...i have to either cut off HDR, or Image stabilization to get it somewhere usable...it has horrible jello effect now...but my s6 thats only 99 bucks here still cruising along like a champ.  It would be fine if i could downgrade back to 7.0 like i did before. But like i said. They changed something in the bootloader or something that disables the downgrade process...cause Odin keeps failing now.