Samsung Galaxy S10 or Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Unlocked

Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S10 or Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - Unlocked

Hello,

If I buy an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 or Samsung Galaxy Note 10 will I be able to use it with Boost? I am planning on buying it from Samsung (online) or buy it at Best Buy. 

See more topics labeled with:
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @anieanderson123! A phone designed for one network is not compatible with another network merely by unlocking it as there are other checks that would block it from being compatible (such as if the phone was previously reported lost or stolen). Due to this limitation, some phones aren't compatible.

Highlighted
Accomplice

If I buy it unlocked, will that work? The phone is new since I am buying it from Samsung and I am planning on buying the universally unlocked one that is not attached to any carrier. 

Highlighted
Agent

A phone designed for one network is not compatible with another network merely by unlocking it as there are other checks that would block it from being compatible (such as if the phone was previously reported lost or stolen). Due to this limitation, some phones aren't compatible. If it is a CDMA or dual CDMA/GSM it may be compatible. 

Highlighted
Groupie

How does one find out if a Samsung Note10 is compatible?

Highlighted
Agent

Hi marendy. Thanks for reaching out to us. We're glad to help. The Samsung Galaxy S10 is compatible with our network, but only the SM-G973U1 model under 2 conditions: that it is purchased from the manufacturer and it is open market/unlocked. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Groupie

I recently bought an s10 unlocked from Samsung with this model number (SMG973U1) and have been unable to activate it. I have gone in to a boost store where i was told this model number would not work as well as tried to activate it online. I have seen several posts about this being possible but I can not seem to get it to work.

Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that you're having issues @tyvincent1. Please send us a private message with the MEID.