Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

I just wanted to share that I purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Not 9 for my husband from Best Buy and I was able to get it on Boost for him. DON'T let any store reps or phone reps tell you other wise. Just follow the swap phone process. You will also need to purchase the right SIM card for the device. which only cost me $10 from Boost. I was able to do all of this on my own with no issues.  Just be patient because Boost servers moves slow when going through this process. It took me a few times to get it through, but it worked.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey Jimmy Ortega, hope you were able to get it figured out, if not I'd be happy to help. Yeah the Note9 isn't on their list at all, so customer service will tell you that. But it will definitely still work 100% no problems at all, as I'm currently using my Factory Unlocked Note9. Literally the only thing you have to do is buy the 4 in 1 boost sim card kit from Walmart, go online to boostmobile.com to the compatibility section and input your phone's IMEI so you'd know what sim card to use in the simcard kit, it should be the same one I used though as I stated above in a previous post, SIM Card C (SIMOLW506TQ). Don't activate it through boostmobile.com though, most likely a totally different sim card number will pop up for the phone, at least for me it did. As soon as you pop in the correct sim card from the kit in your phone and turn it on and stuff, you'll get a pop-up notification asking you to activate it, just go through the process through there, you'll sign into your boost account. It'll ask you to activate on a new line or a current one. It'll give you information about what phone will be deactivated on the line and which one will be activated(your new Note9), it'll display the IMEI and SIM numbers for both phones as well. Once you finish with the activation your phone will restart a couple times to update the Network information(PRL, etc). It's fairly easy, especially if you're doing it through the pop you'd receive after inserting the correct sim card in your Note9. Good luck!