Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Highlighted
Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

I just wanted to share that I purchased an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Not 9 for my husband from Best Buy and I was able to get it on Boost for him. DON'T let any store reps or phone reps tell you other wise. Just follow the swap phone process. You will also need to purchase the right SIM card for the device. which only cost me $10 from Boost. I was able to do all of this on my own with no issues.  Just be patient because Boost servers moves slow when going through this process. It took me a few times to get it through, but it worked.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Accomplice

Boost Mobile Sim card activation kit from Walmart will work? They're the 3 in 1 Sim card kits. I'm about to buy a Factory Unlocked Note 9 for a good deal, and want to activate it it without any issues.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there MrCarter92. As long as the model is N960U, fully factory unlock, no carrier specific. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes it's the 960U1 Factory Unlocked model, not carrier unlocked. All I need is just the Sim card kit right? And I'll be able to activate it on my current account without creating a new account? I read on here somewhere that they were getting error messages stating the device was incompatible with the network, and they had to create a new account for it to work. I wouldn't want to lose my number. Hopefully all works out as planned when I get it. Will post back here with any issues/updates.
Highlighted
Agent

Sure thing MrCarter92. Not all activation are the same and you should be able to swap. But in any event, if you need assistance we can help you out. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

It should work since the phone that you're purchasing can be used with any carrier. I would verify that wherever you are purchasing the phone from that it works with any carrier. Good luck.
Highlighted
Accomplice

*UPDATE* I recwived my factory unlocked Note 9(N960U1) today and was able to activate it with no problems at all. I purchased a sim card kit from Walmart, they were 4-1. I checked online prior to purchasing the kit when I received my phone on the byo eligibility section, and it told me to use Card C of the sim card kit which is SIMOLW506TQ. The only issue I thought I was going to have is when I was trying to activate through the website, and I entered the imei and then a different sim card number popped up for the Note 9. BUT I had already installed the sim card in my phone and I received a pop-up saying it wasn't activated and if I wanted to activate it, It went A LOT smoother doing it through the popup, I just signed in to my boost account and then it showed me which device would be deactivated(my old S6) and the sim info and imei of it. And which one would be activated(My new Note 9) and the sim info and imei of it as well. Activated, then it automatically rebooted. So far everything is working good🤪😌
Highlighted
Groupie

I need to know how you did it because I have an unlocked note 9 but customer service told me the phone is not on their list
Agent

Hi, JimmyOrtega. Click here to check your phone ID.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Bought one unlocked from Back Market. Upon turning it on, it had been an AT&T device. Bought the SIM kit from Walmart and installed it, turned it back on and followed the prompts. Works great! Good luck.