Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or 9 compatible?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or 9 compatible?

Is there any version of of the Galaxy Note 8 or 9 that is compatible with Boost on BYOD? If so, which model # is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, we don't have an internal company list to provide you, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and 9 Open Market will work on Boost Mobile. 

Note:

- Come fully "Unlocked" at time of purchase from Samsung.

- Include Samsung Applications preloaded on the handset.

- NOT sold, inventoried or marketed by Sprint or have any preloaded Boost apps.

- Sales: www.samsung.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, mevans7550. Thank you for reaching out to us here. You can check your phone’s eligibility on our website: https://boost.co/2o8jFRc

Highlighted
Groupie

No offense, but i would rather not have to go buy a Note 8 or 9 to find out if it is compatible. Isnt there an internal company list of what works on Boost?

Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, we don't have an internal company list to provide you, but the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and 9 Open Market will work on Boost Mobile. 

Note:

- Come fully "Unlocked" at time of purchase from Samsung.

- Include Samsung Applications preloaded on the handset.

- NOT sold, inventoried or marketed by Sprint or have any preloaded Boost apps.

- Sales: www.samsung.com

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512gb unlocked SM960U1. It works fine, I'd advise to make sure you get this specific model. There's a post on here somewhere that says only the 128gb version works, but I can assure you that the 512gb works as well because that's what I have. I was skeptical at first because I had this same issue with my S9+ but it worked as well so I took a chance because the seller I bought it from gave me 30 days to return it for any reason. So when you get a phone, go to Walmart and get the 4 in 1 SIM card kit. Don't even bother with Boost customer service, either phone, chat, or their automated phone check. Insert card C, SIMOLW506TQ. The kit I bought with the S9+ a few months ago didn't have that one but card C still worked, there was just one number off so if card C is SIMOLW406TQ, it should work,. but I can only guarantee that with the S9+. However the Note 9 is the same phone with a touch bigger screen and a stylus, and with the 512gb version, you also get more RAM and more internal memory of course. Anyway, that's all you need to do. The phone does the rest and you should be good to go. It worked for me twice now and I'm a member of a few modding communities and this has worked for countless others. Buy phone, buy SIM kit, insert proper SIM, watch the majic. Boost is trying to discourage people from buying the phones we want elsewhere so they're just trying diversions. Screw them. I was going to ditch them and go to another carrier if this hadn't worked. But it did, so I'll stick around for awhile. On a side note though about Boost/Sprint and other CDMA carriers, I wouldn't be surprised if they dissolve as CDMA is not ideal. GSM is the way to go for a few reasons, number one being it's limitations and the fact that it is not available globally so if you travel, your phone won't work outside the US. I'm reading a lot of info about CDMA going out the window. I don't know what these carriers are going to do but I'm looking for a GSM carrier very very soon. They also don't give you any bs about phone compatibility and they allow "pop and swap", which is the ability to put your SIM card in any phone. Hope this helps. If you need any proof to back up my claims, just let me know and I'll provide anything you need.

Highlighted
Groupie

For reals. I wasted so much time on hold on the phone and on chat just to be told I should go to a Boost phone dealer. Once at the dealer they pretty much did the same thing of waiting on hold with Boost. Eventually the associate told me that they don't sell compatible sim kits for the G Note 8 but at least she pointed me to Walmart to get the 4 in 1 sim kit.