Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine Unable To Receive Text Or Calls When WiFi Is On

Go to solution
Groupie

Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine Unable To Receive Text Or Calls When WiFi Is On

I have a question i updated my phone to the latest update and all when i received my new phone before placing calls or texting. Lately i can't get any texts or calls when its connected to wifi. I live in an area that i need to receive texts or calls at all times cause we occasionally get tornado watches/extreme warning and its really scary if i don't get anything when im sleeping. I don't wanna wake up across the border near a taco truck since my phone didn't go off but tacos do sound good right about now. 

I been reading up and people are suggesting to reset the phone

Select APN *all grayed out

updated my PRL when i got the phone

Disabled virus scanner since it was draining my battery for unknown reasons with the screen off*100% to 55% just by checking the time while at work now 100% to 98% with it disabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine Unable To Receive Text Or Calls When WiFi Is On

Thank you for the information. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there. 

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
 - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
 - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)
3. From the dial pad enter ##72786#
4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work. 

29 REPLIES 29
Agent

That’s no good at all. Sorry you’ve been experiencing this! Could you send us your zip code and any street intersection near you to check the coverage?  

Groupie

Zip code is 40241

closest intersection  Chamberlain Ln/Westport Rd

Agent

Thank you for the information. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there. 

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
 - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
 - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)
3. From the dial pad enter ##72786#
4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work. 

Groupie

Thanks that did the trick now im able to receive text and calls, now i can sleep in peace knowing my phone will alert me for any warning. Thank you very much for your speedy response Carol

Agent

Our pleasure! We remain at your service. 

Groupie

My service has been out for over 9 hours. Zip 85021. Cross streets 19ave and glendale. I have done the ##72786# and made sure it was on lte/CDMA as recommended too. This is my second day with you guys.
Groupie

My service has been out for over 9 hours. Zip 85021. Cross streets 19ave and glendale. I have done the ##72786# and made sure it was on lte/CDMA as recommended too. This is my second day with you guys.

We understand your concern, CaroleII, and we apologize. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN?

To send me a private message, please click on my username and select to send a private message.

Accomplice

Same problem here, tried the ##72786# fix and it worked until I left home and the phone lost wifi, then it would not start cell service until I reset the sim card.