Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine Unable To Receive Text Or Calls When WiFi Is On

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine Unable To Receive Text Or Calls When WiFi Is On

I have a question i updated my phone to the latest update and all when i received my new phone before placing calls or texting. Lately i can't get any texts or calls when its connected to wifi. I live in an area that i need to receive texts or calls at all times cause we occasionally get tornado watches/extreme warning and its really scary if i don't get anything when im sleeping. I don't wanna wake up across the border near a taco truck since my phone didn't go off but tacos do sound good right about now. 

I been reading up and people are suggesting to reset the phone

Select APN *all grayed out

updated my PRL when i got the phone

Disabled virus scanner since it was draining my battery for unknown reasons with the screen off*100% to 55% just by checking the time while at work now 100% to 98% with it disabled

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Accomplice

You people at boost know there is a problem with this j7 refine phone, but I am stuck with a $150 phone that doesn't work right. I'm having similar issues with a j7 refine from boost mobile and boost mobile claims the phone is the problem. Ive had it serviced by samsung twice now and still have the same problem. I won't get messages or cell service even though I'm in a strong area. I have to switch mobile network modes. Turning Airplane mode on and off doesn't work. Have any of you had your problem fixed yet? A quick check of the internet and you will find lots more people having similar issues.
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, pwlong19. Can you please send us a private message? 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have tried this and my phone still is not working please help
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have tried the number to re program the phone and it still Isnt working please help!
Agent

Hi there, Joshrobert69! Please go into your settings and make sure that any "Data Saving" or "Data limit" options are turned Off. Let us know if the issue persists after that. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Both are fine and still nothing!
Highlighted
Agent

Hmm - That doesn't sound right. Let's take a closer look! Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on an agent's name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I cant figure out how to send a private message
Highlighted
Agent

@Joshrobert69 For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Good luck Josh, both Boost and Samsung are fully aware of the problem and will not fix anything, even after sending the phone to Samsung twice. I have to toggle airplane mode now on my j7 every time I leave home to get it to connect to cell data. Part of the problem seems to be the Boost/Sprint network by my house which is pathetic. I have the most trouble in my neighborhood where the signal strength is too low for this pathetic phone to work right.
If you can still return it, return it now or you'll be stuck with a piece of junk for a long time. They had me do all these fixes until it was too late to return it so I've been stuck with it for months.