Samsung A20; Phone Connection Issues

Highlighted

Samsung A20; Phone Connection Issues

Hello!

I've had this issue for a while and assumed it was something based on my location when making a call, but with quarantining I have found this is not the case. I have a Samsung A20 with Boost Mobile.

My issue is that when I call a phone number (any number, even when dialing manually) there is a chance that the call will "hang" on my end, but still go through to the other caller. What I receive is silence; the sounds of the phone say it's placing a call, but there is no simulated ringing sound or sound from the other side. I've let it just sit waiting to make the second "beep" to signal it's ringing, and have gone up to a minute with nothing on my end. The recipient actually does get a call though, and answers to no sound either - not hearing me, though the call looks normal on their end. I have to hang up and call again, which usually puts it through as normal would be - I've only had it twice continue to do the "silent hanging call" for the second time.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so did you find a solution? In trying to fix it, I have changed my calling app from the default caller app to Drupe, but again this continues to happen telling me this is within the phone hardware. Any advice is much appreciated! Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3

Hey there, Ryan20! We apologize for the inconvenience at this time. Please let us know how long ago did you purchased this device?

Highlighted

I would need to pull my receipts because of the limited account history on Boost's site, but I would assume I've had it over a year. This issue has been one from literally the first call I made (thinking it was network error) through now.
Thank you!
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @Ryan20. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin so we can take a closer look.