SLOW data!! Ideas??

Highlighted
Accomplice

SLOW data!! Ideas??

Hello, i was if anybody could help me solve an issue I've been having with my data for many months now. I've had Boost Mobile for 4 years now and have never had issues with slow data up until the last few months. I usually don't worry about it as I typically use Wifi but when I'm out and about I rely on this, and it's becoming more frustrating as time goes on. I get 5 gigabytes a month of data and I know that doesn't have anything to do with slow speeds because I hardly use any and right off the bat, as a new month starts its slow. so this has nothing to do with data usage. I get excellent signal in my town and no matter where I go the internet seems to be slow. I can travel to Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, and so on...etc and the data remains slow.
I have tried several different things. I have cleaned out phone, I've done a factory reset one time, nothing has fixed this.
One thing I haven't done was call boost mobile. If I don't find any suggestions here then that's my final plan.
I am so close to switching to a different provider. I am just getting extremely frustrated and don't know what to do. I love boost mobile though and really don't want to leave them, but if I can't solve this issue then I have no choice.
Anyone else having this same issue?? I'm not referring to those who use tons of gigabytes, as I am aware that the company slows speed for those who use a ton of data. But to those who don't abd know it isn't usage related.
Please help!!
Thanks
I wanted to add something...
In my phone, settings, and network connections to NETWORK MODE... what should this be? Could changing this make a difference? It's been set on: LTE/CDMA
Is this the correct option or should I change this to Automatic ?
See more topics labeled with:
2 REPLIES
Agent

Re: SLOW data!! Ideas??

Hi there, Robrog8999! Sorry to hear that. Definitely want to look into this for you. The network mode can be set on LTE/CDMA to switch from 3g to LTE automatically. CDMA only will set the phone on 3G only. Please send us a private message so we may review the account.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Accomplice

Re: SLOW data!! Ideas??

Hello,
I had answered your other question and felt like maybe I could help here too. I had the same issue.
First download an app from play store, i don't remember the one I got but do a Google search for android apps that speed up your connection and type into play store, such as - "Data Booster"
Many apps come up abd just choose any. Download, open and use.
And it's fixed.
Then call boost mobile and tell them your troubles and ask for them to send you signals , refresh your signal and it's totally solved.
I didn't mind, your welcome. I hope I helped.
🖒💕👜👠💞