S9 stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

S9 stuck on 3g

I have been a boost customer for over a year. My phone is stuck on 3g. I have spoke to both boost and samsung with basically no answer given. Both reps said it was the other company's responsibility. I have read online that boost was sold to dish. I did not know anything about it. Corporation make decisions based on profit and nothing else. I had good luck untill the tmobile sprint merger. Now my phone is stuck on 3g. I am a student and this is affecting both my studies and my ability to do almost anything. I like a lot of others are have tried all the obvious reset options. Nothing helps. It is almost like I am being forced out. All these issues have happened since this company was sold to dish. I am most likey going to leave and go to any company that is not owned or operated my tmobile or sprint. Having recieved no help from Samsung or boost is the reason I am going back to apple. I have waited on hold to just be told it is the other companies fault. Someome or some network component has been configured wrong. Very very very upset.
60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Accomplice

THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM SO WHY DOES THE OP SAY THERE IS
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I feel you wish they would stop bull**bleep**ing everyone i been stuck on 3G for going on 3 months with my S9 and still no answer
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello. It was really strange. My phone dropped to 3G and I am still bot completely sure why. The signal was still full bars, but only 3g. I moved my service to T-Mobile. Same Galaxy S9. In town I got 89.6 mbps. Out here on the fringe I get between 5 mbps and 10 if I am lucky. Still better than 3g. I am amazed we were bot given a heads up about these changes. My phone works fine on T-Mobile. If you check Boosts website s9s are not listed as a compatible device. I bought the phone through boost. Why in the world did this company choose to eliminate service on these devices. I still have a boost account that I use at a family members house. I do not think this was right at all.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I was stuck on 3G on my S10 for several days and no matter what I did nothing restored my 4G service.

Until I saw this guys post I'm replaying to. 😄 I put in the code (##72786#) and it updated some stuff and restarted & reactivated and my 4G LTE service is restored! After hours of searching your post was the fix.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Groupie

I just got the update G965USQS8ETH6. LTE didn't work automatically after the update though, it was still in 3G. Follow these steps which worked for me AFTER the update. 1) Turn off voice and text roaming. 2) Turn off mobile data. 3) Turn on wireless, and make sure you're on a Wi-Fi connection. 3) Dial ##72786# and tap yes to allow network provision reset. After the update and network reset I'm running in LTE again, and have put mobile data back on. Hope this works for others.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have just updated again, full factory reset, new sim card every troubleshooting thing there is and after a month of this I am still stuck on 3G!
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have been on phone sent messages and nothing is getting done!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Only lasted less than 24 hours
Highlighted
Promoter

if you havent found a solution here it is....
Settings-->general management-->reset-->reset network settings
Then...
Dial pad-->##72786#
After that finishes your LTE should be working again.
Highlighted
Accomplice

That not true, i try that method everyday now. And I'm still on 3g. Its worst now, 3g internet doesn't work well outside so i don't have internet when I'm away from my in house internet. This is so sad. One week left and my daughter and i are out of here. To another carrier we go