S9 stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

S9 stuck on 3g

I have been a boost customer for over a year. My phone is stuck on 3g. I have spoke to both boost and samsung with basically no answer given. Both reps said it was the other company's responsibility. I have read online that boost was sold to dish. I did not know anything about it. Corporation make decisions based on profit and nothing else. I had good luck untill the tmobile sprint merger. Now my phone is stuck on 3g. I am a student and this is affecting both my studies and my ability to do almost anything. I like a lot of others are have tried all the obvious reset options. Nothing helps. It is almost like I am being forced out. All these issues have happened since this company was sold to dish. I am most likey going to leave and go to any company that is not owned or operated my tmobile or sprint. Having recieved no help from Samsung or boost is the reason I am going back to apple. I have waited on hold to just be told it is the other companies fault. Someome or some network component has been configured wrong. Very very very upset.
59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted
Accomplice

WOW, stuck on 3g. That's something, really!?? Ok then!
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @LIZA13 Thank you for contacting us. We have replied to your private message, and we'll wait on your response.

~JoyP. 

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

why does this say there is a solution when theres not

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yea I am sending a private message because I do not see one of my post. Read there terms and conditions. They can for any reason cancel your service at anytime. What kind of crap is that. Even if your are impolite excessively or if you offend. I spoke to a 2nd level tech and he told me my phone is not a device that is compatible with the new network. A 600 dollar phone and now if I want to stay with boost I will have to purchase a different phone. They need to discount a new phone in my opinion. Samsung said it is most likely the devices simply will not work because they are not able to use the currert network properly. This is very difficult and aggravating situation.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi guys Boost and Samsung Reps were of zero help I finally found a solution on the net Enter code ##72786# Switch to automatic network selection and reboot Follow prompts and updates for reprovisioning LTE is redetected on startup Reps. are telling everyone to not set to auto WRONG!!! I sorta follow their logic but it won't work and their INCOMPETENCE wasted 2 weeks of my time

Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey im giving up, im taking my beautiful expensive phone to another carrier. I called boost and told them to unlocked my and my child phone so i can leave. Its nonsense that they can't solved this problem., and it's unfair to the customers. Its like they scamming us. So yup! im leaving bye Boost. Sorry, gotta to go. Lol.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi! We're terribly sorry to know that you have decided to leave. We want to help. Do the phones meet the requirements to be unlocked? Please send us a private message, so we can investigate this for you. Thanks. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello. I would like to speak to a second level technician. I have switched my service to a new phone. I am grand fathered in to my 50 gig hotspot and unlimited on my phone. I have already checked your site about this. I did not change plans or upgrade. Please reset my account to reflect what I have. My first impression of the new network is not good. I expect honesty and integrity. Please be completely transparent as possible. I need to finish an iOS download then I will reasse my first impresion. Weak but acceptable speed. Much slower and weaker is some areas than before. I did notice on one speed test site there was no upload indicated. I did retest on a different site and show 2.0 meg or so. What kind of speeds should I look for in a good signal area. Paul
Highlighted
Accomplice

I trans my service to a new phone that is compatible with the new network. Just as I suspected Dish does not have access to a tower that was near me. I spent 600 on a new S9 that is not compatible with the new network. So I am out a phone and now that I switched I also have no service. I am a senior citizen college student on a fixed income. Boost also changed my plan. A rep named Michael said that would change my account back to the way it was before. I am grandfathered in. So completely frustrating.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi. We're sorry to know you are having this experience. We'd like to investigate. Please send us a private message, so we can take a closer look into this for you. Thanks! ~AmyM25

~AmyM25