Roaming

Highlighted
Groupie

Roaming

I have a Samsung A6 and there are no updates available.  The tower is within sight of my living room.  It has Sprint and Verizon on it.  I've had Boost Mobile for 9 years right here and I usually get 5 bars consistently. 

I'm now seeing the R next to the bars at times - important - at times.  On the left it says Roam.  Not all the time.  Just some times.  Tonight it was there. 

I dialed 611 and it said I was roaming and there might be a charge.  That is the message we use to get back in the 90's when Roaming was used a lot because towers were not everywhere. 

Anyway, I called Boost at their support number and was told: "Welcome to Verizon".  I hung up, waited a minute or so until the R went away and called.  The person I got wanted me to turn off Roaming completely.  Now, what is that going to do for me when my phone isn't connecting to Sprint?  I'm dead in the water, right? 

This started happening just a few months ago.  I want to know why!  Does anyone out there know for sure?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that. Can you send us a private message? 

Highlighted
Groupie

??

Highlighted

Hi there! Sorry for the delayed response. Support is available from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. CST on weekends. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Groupie

Update: Happened again this morning at 8;53 AM EST.