Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello All. got the S9+ and got it activated with no pain @ all. Not even a single call to boost support. Works just fine. Fine piece of equipment. Will update if necessary in the future if it does merit the update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Groupie

@NYCKid Thank you so much for the fast reply.  Yes, I did purchased it factory unlocked through a reseller, but brand new in box.  Probably going to pick up the sim kit soon from a box store, or wait until I get my phone so I can purchase it online through Boost, sinse they need the phone ID to place the order.  Looking forward to joining the Boost community!

Thank you!

5 REPLIES
Groupie

Did you purchase direct from Samsung, or what vendor did you purchase from? Were you able to activate online without hiccups?

Accomplice

Bought the phone directly from Samsung & you should get the sim card directly from boost. I went through the activation process right from the phone. Even transfer all my data without a single hiccup. I wouldn't recommend getting the phone anywhere else but that's just me. FYI this is the 1st time I bought a phone outside of boostmobile. Hope this helps.

Groupie

I purchased the S9+, which I am expecting in the mail tomorrow.  I currently have phone service with Virgin Mobile on an older phone.  Do you think I will be able to port the number over using the automated process or will I have to go into a store for that?

Accomplice

@c0p0utAs long as is unlocked direct from samsung you should be able to complete the process thru the website including purchasing the sim card you are going to need to move over to boost. Hope this helps!!

Groupie

@NYCKid Thank you so much for the fast reply.  Yes, I did purchased it factory unlocked through a reseller, but brand new in box.  Probably going to pick up the sim kit soon from a box store, or wait until I get my phone so I can purchase it online through Boost, sinse they need the phone ID to place the order.  Looking forward to joining the Boost community!

Thank you!