Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Problems with J7 perx

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Problems with J7 perx

Thanks, funny.

Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Problems with J7 perx SOLVED

My Boost mobile perx was SO LAG I wanted to throw it thru the window. Hilariously, horrendously, mind numbingly, violence-provokingly LAG.

Tech support responses, as follows: ( 1/2 the time I couldn't even call them from my
After completing every, EVERY trouble shooting option with no success, I ask for help again:

Rep: I'm so sorry to hear! Would you like to make a payment?

Rep: blah blah blah click

Rep: repeats every thing I say and I still don't understand him.

Sooooo, I'm just about done with my month and decide to try one more thing before switching to a real carrier - I take OUT my sim card, turn OFF mobile data, hit AIRPLANE mode, then TURN ON WIFI . So essentially I eliminated Boost Mobile carrier service from the equation. ... AND....

surprise surprise! My phone works like a charm! GEE, do they see that I'm almost eligible for an unlock, and want me to upgrade and ruin EVERYTHING?

nah, cuz this phone is actually pretty awesome as a standalone! I do smell a major class action lawsuit., and Boost Mobile you really are THAT company.

It ain' our phones peeps!
Highlighted
Accomplice

so boost/Samsung finally released oreo/android 8.1 for the j7 perx

I would advise anyone who has given up on this phone to try it again as they seem to have fixed all the lag problems.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks! I could use a couple of reviews from JPerx owners. My phone is buried deep in my basement and I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
Highlighted
Groupie

Hello Everyone , I created an account just to reply to this thread, I recently upgraded to Android 8.1 oreo using the Odin 3.13 Software, Now my phone runs perfect! After several months of slow lags,  I too can confirm that this WILL FIX all the issues with the j7 perx, 
I recommend those of you who still have the device, now would be a great time to dust it off 🙂

Highlighted
Groupie

YES, Upgradiing to android 8.1 oreo fixed all my slow laggy issues with my j7 perx also