Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Problems with J7 perx

Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Problems with J7 perx

You can add me to this list. The Samsung Perx is, by far, the worst phone I've ever had and to think I paid $200 for this garbage phone really ticks me off. Where to begin? Lag, lag, lag. It's like the phone is a slow learner. 5, 10 seconds between entering a command and getting the phone to respond. It doesn't matter if it's a call, or Facebook or any other app, this phone is a lemon and has soured me on Samsung products as a whole. It has been like this since the first time I used it. I've factory reset it, I've swapped apps over to external storage but nothing improves the speed even a little bit. The camera is terrible. Not only is the quality bad but the pics are blurry most times IF your can even get it to take a picture. I have to get the shutter button 4-5 times before it finally takes a picture. I've lost a number of great opportunities trying to get the camera to work. I have a very hard time believing that Samsung isn't aware of this lemon of a phone. I have to keep it as I still owe money on it but I've been tempted to just say the heck with it and go back to my LG. For now, I just keep telling all my friends and anyone else who'll listen to stay away from Samsung products, especially their cellphones. My parents were going to buy a Samsung Washer & Dryer but after hearing about my phone problems they decided against it. Who could blame them?
Highlighted
Accomplice

I have the exact same problem. I've factory reset it... twice, I've cleared all the caches, I've placed apps in my external card, but nothing stops it from lagging. And the camera is the worst, blurry pictures plus I have to push the shutter button 3,4,5 times to even get it to take a picture. This is a garbage phone. I paid $200 for a phone you couldn't give me if it was free. Just pitiful.
Highlighted

I know you said you cleared all the caches but did you wipe the cache partition ? That's always a good idea after any update anyway. If not, try that. Boot the phone in safe mode and turn on battery saver to max. If that works it's probably a bloatware, er, preinstalled app causing excessive processor or memory use.  The preinstalled facebook app is a known kiiller of phone performance just as an example. Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks, at this point I'll try anything. I appreciate the quick response.
Highlighted

You're very welcome, EsBeacy! We remain at your service!

Hozuki_Robert

Highlighted
Accomplice

I was trying to decide whether to go with the J3 Emerge or J7 Perx.

Seeing so many problems with the J7, I guess I should go with the J3.....

Highlighted
Accomplice

I appreciate that but I'm sorry to say it didn't help. Still lags and now it freezes since there last update. I don't know if I got a bad phone or the Perx model is just not a good phone.
Highlighted

Hey there, EsBeacy! Sorry to hear that! Have you tried using the master reset troubleshooting?

That may fix the issues with your Galaxy Perx.

Hozuki_Robert

Highlighted

I am curious.

Did you try booting the phone in safe mode and running it that way ?

Hold the power button and when you get the 3 options, power off, restart, emergency mode, press and hold the power off until it turns green and says safe mode. Also change your battery saver to max.

These are not cures by any means but may help find the problem..

Highlighted
Groupie

I've had the same problems since I got the phone. I don't have that many apps, all my photos, videos, music is stored on an SD card. I've cleared everything I can clear. The phone lags so much I can't even answer a call before the person hangs up.  Worst waste of money for a phone. I think the main problem lies in that 12 of the 16 GBs of memory are tied up in the system and preloaded apps that I can't get rid of. Seriously considering scrapping the whole phone and service. Lied to at the store on multiple accounts, horrible phone. Really no reason to stay.