Note 8 outgoing calls and texts fail

Highlighted
Accomplice

Note 8 outgoing calls and texts fail

Hi, I have a Note 8 (N950U, bought from Boost store) that starts failing to send outgoing calls and texts. This happens every day at different times. Incoming calls and texts will come through. Reprovisioning the phone (##72786#) fixes it for approximately the rest of the day, but it will start doing the same thing again later. It's getting annoying to have to do this every day.

Firmware N950USQU8DTG1

Things I've tried that don't help:
Airplane on and off
Reset network settings
Update profile
Update PRL
Full factory reset

Reprovisioning is the only thing to help, but I don't want to have to do this every day. Anyone have any ideas?
46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, hobomobo. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the phone. 

We'll be happy to help.  Please, send us a private message with the phone number and PIN to check the account.

Highlighted

I need you to activate my iPhone 7
Highlighted

Can I talk to someone verbally??
Highlighted
Accomplice

I bought my Samsung Galaxy S8 from Boost too and ever since the update last week I have had issues making/receiving calls, connecting to my wifi. Like you, I have tried all those things too. I am wondering if I request a new sim card if that will fix anything. (I only thought of this after a Boost agent had me remove my sim card & I noticed it said SPRINT on it, and now Dish owned Boost...just a thought, idk??)
Has anyone contacted Samsung?
Is there a way to uninstall the last update???
Highlighted
Accomplice

Good question. I PMed jalopez81 about 5 minutes after their response last night, but haven't gotten any communication from anyone at Boost since.

My wife and I both have sprint branded SIM cards in our Boost phones (both Note 8). One phone works fine, one doesn't. Both phones are current on firmware.

I don't think you can revert firmware easily, and that would remove security patches. I don't want to do that.

I'll post on this thread if Boost is helpful, but my experience with Boost customer service over the last 6ish years has been poor. I'm not very optimistic that they will help. I'm trying to reach Samsung support now.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I sent a PM with my info to the Boost agent in the thread 5 days ago and haven't gotten any response. Seems that they're not as happy to help as the agent claimed...

We decided to switch to another carrier. So for anyone who comes across this thread, the solution to the problem was to pay to unlock the phone and get service elsewhere. Bummer, but Boost ignored us, so we didn't really have much choice.
Highlighted

Hello hobomobo. We are really sorry to hear this. We definitely don't want to see you leave. We sent you a private message August 11 requesting additional information and we were waiting for your response. Please send us another private message so we can assist you. Please send us a private message to assist you. To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks Reinhardt-S. I sent a PM.

I have a total of 0 private messages. Screenshot proof:
https://imgur.com/a/YmOrG3M

PM I sent:
https://imgur.com/a/LxPTwjA
Highlighted

We are sorry. An agent sent a response to that August 10t message on August 11. Looks like the message did not reach you. We are really sorry about that. Please send us a new private message so we can assist you.