Not receiving text messages

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Not receiving text messages

Help I have spoken to 3 Boost reps, 2 Samsung reps, no one can tell me why I cannot receive text messages error 2111 I have tried the ##7 thing, have taking it to Best Buy no one can figure it out No blocking apps, no block list. Help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not receiving text messages

Hi. Please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN. - E.J.

17 REPLIES 17

@LostBarbz7

Hi. Please let us know a cross street address and zip code to look at the network in that area. Which phone model is it?

- E.J.

Groupie

Samsung J7. Network check has been done previously. 13760 zip Squires Ave

@LostBarbz7 Please try the following:

- Turn off your Wi-Fi. 
- Turn on the mobile data (Located under data usage or mobile networks after you hit more...) 
- Go back to system settings. 
- Scroll down to system updates.
- Press update profile (the phone may restart after this). 
- Update the PRL as well (the phone may restart after this). 

- E.J.

Groupie

I have done all that everything is updated. The text others are receiving is: The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive text messages. Msg 2111. I do Not have any blocks or apps interfering

Groupie

I have done all that everything is updated. The text others are receiving is: The recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive text messages. Msg 2111. I do Not have any blocks or apps interference

Hi. Please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN. - E.J.

Mine was doing the same thing for like 10 days.plus my internet was not working right after i paid for unlimited service...it finally worked after 17 days...now they want me to pay my bill again....#ithinknot#
Enthusiast

Did u end up getting a new phone ? I got a pre owned iPhone 6s Plus just activates and every since I’ve activated it i haven’t been able to receive SMS messages they get the same Msg 2111 error code and nobody from
Boost knows anything which is extremely annoying first it was an outage now my phones defective and they sending me a new one this is so annoying and Refuse to lay my
Whole bill

I'm experiencing the same problem