No SIM card S7

Accomplice

No SIM card S7

Hi.

I have a Galaxy S7 that I've had no issues with for almost 2 years, but now I am not able to use the phone. A couple of days ago I got an invalid SIM card error and when I rebooted my phone, I was able to use it for about 15 minutes before the no data would appear so every time the error showed up, I just kept rebooting . Then this morning I got an error that said no SIM card but when I took out the slot for where the SIM card is located, I found there was no SIM card but there had never been on since I purchased the phone. I tried rebooting several times but I haven't been getting any data connection and just kept getting the SIM card error and now I can no longer use my phone. After the last reboot this came across my screen:  "Attention  Power off your device, insert the service provider UICC that came with the device, then power on the device."  I have no idea what to do and am at the hospital with my mother and really need to have communication with my family so I would really appreciate help with this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Davis

13 REPLIES 13
Agent

Re: No SIM card S7

Hi there. The phone needs a sim card to work correctly. You would need to get a new sim card at your nearest Boost mobile store. 

Accomplice

Hi Victor,

Thank you so much for your quick response. Why is it that I've had the phone for over 2 years and never had a SIM card nor ever had a problem with coverage.?

Davis

Agent

Hi. All our phones require a compatible sim card to access the data correctly. Once you activate the phone with one of our data plans, it requires the sim card. You could have been using the phone on WiFi only. Victor21

Accomplice

Good morning,

I just have to ask why Boost would sell a phone without a SIM card already installed. and why was I able to make calls and text even without WiFi since I've owned it up until yesterday?

Enjoy your week!

Davis

Agent

Hey there, this seems very odd, Davis. For the device to work well on our LTE network, the SIM card is required. Though we strongly recommend you to acquire one as soon as you can. Thanks.

Accomplice

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, both mine and my wife's Galaxy S7 didn't come with SIM cards so I will definitely pick us both up one. Last question, will I lose the data on my phone i.e voice recordings, pictures, etc. when I install the SIM card?

Thanks again,  Davis

Agent

This will definitely not happen, no worries. If you have any other questions/concerns, we remain at your service. 

Accomplice

Good news. Last question for sure. Can I buy the SIM card anywhere or is it provider specific and have to purchase it from Boost.

@jeffc wrote:

This will definitely not happen, no worries. If you have any other questions/concerns, we remain at your service. 

Agent

You can go to any Boost Mobile store and get the SIMs. You can follow this link https://www.boostmobile.com/stores.html?intnav=UtilNav:FindaStore for your closest location;