No LTE on my Samsung Galaxy S8 after Android 9 (Pie) update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

No LTE on my Samsung Galaxy S8 after Android 9 (Pie) update

Ever since I received the OTA Android 9 (pie) update, I can't connect to LTE and 3G and it drops constantly, I have tried everything, (PRL update, Profile update, Carrier reset code, Safe Mode, Soft Reset, Hard rest) with no luck, I even chatted with a rep online, but they weren't much help, they blame the towers and Samsung, but I have travel out my area and no change, and Samsung says it is the carriers fault., it is so bad when companies give you the round around, and just blame each other instead of helping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: No LTE on my Samsung Galaxy S8 after Android 9 (Pie) update

So today I finally had time to go to an ubreakifix store as indicated by Samsung to do so, I told them what happen and they did a downgrade to Android 8 (Oreo), at first it didn't work, which made me and them wonder if it truly was a hardware problem, or the sim card, anyways I left the store and got home and before calling Samsung or Boost, I did a carrier rest (Dialed ##72786#) and that fixed my phone. So as I mention before it is not a Hardware issue it is a software issue, so please don't installed the update until they (Boost/Sprint) fix it.

By the way the ubreakifix store didn't charge me nothing to downgrade. Hope this helps other people that have the same problem as I did.

17 REPLIES 17

Hey there, Marv! The issue you are describing sounds like a device related issue. Have you contacted Samsung support for assistance? 

Accomplice

So Samsung says that I should bring the phone for repairs, so they can fix it (charge me) for something that was broken by a bug on an update that Boost (Sprint) and them didn't test properly before releasing it as an OTA. If I would have know this before I wouldn't have done the update in the 1st place since the phone was working perfectly.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Though we do not make the decision to release operating system updates. When there is a device related issue we recommend to contact the warranty from the brand as they make the product and can fix the actual device. The best option is to ship the device to Samsung.  

Accomplice

Your right you don't decide when an operating system upgrade is release, but each carrier  does decide when it is release to is costumers, if that wasn't the case AT&T,   T Mobile, Verizon  and Sprint updates would be release at the same time, but anyways thanks. My advice to anyone that hasn't update it their phones yet, just don't do it, wait until they fix the bugs out, it is not worth the hassle and the back and forth. Luckily my payment is due soon and I might just switch to a new company, and get a credit on the phone, a switch discount, a phone discount and hopefully better service.

Accomplice

So today I finally had time to go to an ubreakifix store as indicated by Samsung to do so, I told them what happen and they did a downgrade to Android 8 (Oreo), at first it didn't work, which made me and them wonder if it truly was a hardware problem, or the sim card, anyways I left the store and got home and before calling Samsung or Boost, I did a carrier rest (Dialed ##72786#) and that fixed my phone. So as I mention before it is not a Hardware issue it is a software issue, so please don't installed the update until they (Boost/Sprint) fix it.

By the way the ubreakifix store didn't charge me nothing to downgrade. Hope this helps other people that have the same problem as I did.

Ola

Thank you so much for posting your problem! I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM HAVE NO INTERNET SINCE MARCH 31ST AFTER LAST UPDATE!!! So angry and upset spent 2 days on a phone w boost mobile and 1 day w Samsung and no luck. Thank u Marv, now I know what to do next.
Ola

Why dont you talk to Samsung and advice them not to release updates because Boodtmobile doesn't care about updates and their connection doesnt work!!!
Accomplice

For what I can tell they (Boost/Sprint) might have halted the update, 'cause of several people calling them, I assume this 'cause ever since I downgrade to Android 8 (Oreo). I haven't been offer the update., which is fine by me, I rather wait for an update with out any bugs.

Agent

Hi there! New software updates usually have bugs and some things may not go as expected. The best advise we can give you is to not always update right away. It is highly recommended to wait at least for the second update, where they usually fix any bugs on the very first version of the software. Anything that is going on with the new software update will be fixed on the next software update release. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25