No 5G on my Galaxy S9?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Enthusiast

No 5G on my Galaxy S9?

I was switched over to BM when Virgin merged and I have always had 4G LTE. I bought my GF the same exact phone from the same place and she got 5G on Extended Network with the same $45 VM plan, and I was told that I had to change plans to the $50 plan and buy a new SIM. So I do all of that and then the store told me that I had to pay ANOTHER $45 just to have them activate the new SIM when it's free if I call BM. Later when I call BM(btw is impossible to talk to a live rep) I was told that the SIM showed an error & said it wasn't compatible/the wrong SIM. 

Something doesn't seem right. How can I get the crap end of the stick while my GF gets setup in 15min w/o Problems!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm not a Moron. Of course she has an S9, and there definitely IS such thing as a S9 with 5G.
I figured out that the reason she has 5G and I don't is bc she has a G96OU1 and I have a G96OU

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accomplice

The Galaxy s9 doesn't support 5g, if you bought your gf the same phone and she has 5g then double check that she really has a s9 because there is no such thing as a Galaxy s9 5g, as for sim cards, you need sim card SIMOLW516TQ for those phones.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I'm not a Moron. Of course she has an S9, and there definitely IS such thing as a S9 with 5G.
I figured out that the reason she has 5G and I don't is bc she has a G96OU1 and I have a G96OU

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello Evol_AF. At the moment, the only 5G device we have available is the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G. You can activate your phone on the expanded network and enjoy faster speeds, but not 5G. You can find more information about our 5G service on the following link: https://www.boostmobile.com/about/5g.html.