New J7 Refine Problems Receiving Texts / Calls

Highlighted
Accomplice

New J7 Refine Problems Receiving Texts / Calls

So Saturday 5/4/2019, I needed to purchase a new phone.  My old RELIABLE J7 (2015) of 2 years screen cracked and did not function anymore.  I purchased a Samsung J7 Refine because of the great track record of old J7.   Everything seemed ok until...

From my house in NJ (07630), I could not Send/Receive Texts, I got roaming warnings (never got this in the past with old J7).  Then I could not receive or send calls.  My daughter who has a iPhone 6(also on Boost) has no problems from same location sending/receiving calls or texts.

I called Boost Support(Monday May 6th) and the technician was great.  He had me do a reset of phone with the dial ## , played around with changing network to CDMA, CDMA LTE, or automatic, switching off WiFi, SIM Card in/out.  Nothing seemed to work after 30 minutes.  He said there was a tower in my town(07630) that was down, that just came back up.  He said give it 24 hours and should be back up.  The tech said I should go back to the store to replace phone.

Well it has been over 24 hours and no luck.  Still same problem, yet my daughter's phone is fine.

Another thing that is strange, when I am at work in Nanuet, NY, I can call out and receive/send calls text EXCEPT my fiance's cell phone.

Two questions:

(1) Should I go back to store?

(2) Is there a way I can check if a cell tower is down?  But since it has been "down" my daughter's Iphone6 (also on Boost) no problems?

PLEASE HELP 🙂

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for information. as this IS THE PROBLEM, not device.

Is there any place I can check for status going forward?  Is there a website? Do I call tech support? Chat?

Thanks

Highlighted
Agent

@robspinelli: You can get an update by sending a Private Message to any of us. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Will do.  Thanks

Highlighted
Agent

@robspinelli: If you have any other question or request, feel free to let us know. We're here to help!