New Galaxy S10: Sprint or Unlocked?

Accomplice

New Galaxy S10: Sprint or Unlocked?

I'm about to order a new Galaxy S10 from Samsung, for use on Boost Mobile.. I can order a phone for Sprint or an unlocked phone. Which is the best option for getting the phone up and running as quickly as possible?
21 REPLIES 21
Accomplice

Re: New Galaxy S10: Sprint or Unlocked?

i just got my S10 "unlocked" i brought from Samsung directly and now Boost saying thry cant activate. I specifically told them that its unlocked. 😞 what a service

Agent

Hi there! You should be able to activate the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 bought directly from Samsung. You just need to visit your nearest Boost Mobile store to purchase a compatible SIM card, or use the eligibility checker here at https://activate.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thank you Hamilton i will do that
Agent

It is always our pleasure to assist you. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Accomplice

Thx much appreciated
Accomplice

@popyskillz At first they told me the same thing man. I tried to phone swap online it wouldn't let me, Boost kept saying my unlocked phone was not compatible, then I tried to do it through the Boost community with an "adviser" and again they said my phone was not compatible. I even went to a Boost Mobile store and they couldn't help me. I had to call the Boost 1-800 number and speak to an agent to get my phone working, It was very frustrating but ultimately I got my unlocked S10+ working on Boost Mobile and it's awesome!

Accomplice

@caddzooks I ordered my S10+ unlocked, but then you have to get a new SIM card. If you get the Sprint version the SIM card is already included with the phone. I would order the Sprint version because it saves you the hassle of getting a new SIM card which could be hard to come by depending on where you live or ordering one online,

Accomplice

What did the agent make you do to get the phone activated?
Agent

Hello caddzooks. Thanks for contacting us. You need to activate a phone? How can we help you? ~AmyM25

~AmyM25