My Samsung Galaxy S9 is not receiving 4GLTE. Only 3G

Highlighted

My Samsung Galaxy S9 is not receiving 4GLTE. Only 3G

So I've been without 4GLTE for about a good week now and I've already talked to Customer Service about this issue and they've already done away with changing my profile settings and everything to get rid of the 3G connection I've been having. Which didn't resolve anything, unfortunately? Now I talked to someone at the Boost Mobile Store before I went there the 2nd time around since she told me I had to purchase a new "SIM" card to be compatible with the new "Expanded Network". When I did call Customer Service and explained the issue and did what was stated above and told her I got a new SIM card. Told me it was not compatible with the S9 and turned around to say that there was a tower issue. I said "Ok.". Gave it a few days and still no 4GLTE coverage.

Went back to the store the 2nd time around and told the other rep that was there about the issue. She looked up what I had on the computer and right away told me that my Samsung Galaxy S9 was not compatible at all with the Expanded Network. With that being said. I still have 6 BoostUp payments left on the phone and feel like I need a new phone without having to worry about paying that phone off and turn around with a new phone and have a brand new payment right over my head. It's frustrating that people such as myself were not notified of this situation and not given options about the change and we're losing coverage of something that's being paid for in full monthly. Would like to know if there's a resolve to this?! Cause if anything. Would like to get a new phone that's within the Expanded Network and not have to stress overpaying for a new phone all over again.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there @Osawa We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you please be so kind to send us a Private Message, so we can further assist you? 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hello a rep said I would get a free month of service for all the trouble I was having with the fact you changed service areas on me and left me high and dry. Also I have been making my payments of 113 every month for over a year never late, not once. I am keeping the service so I can study at a family members house. At least here I can Get service. Why in the world would any company in this modern era think 2g is acceptable. Good luck with that. I was told I would get a month service for free due to this much aggravation. I am 58 years old and I had to walk a mile up a slight hill just to get service along a very dangerous highway. I have lost many family members lately so I don't have anyone to call on every time I need to make a phone call I have to walk to do it. I know walking is good for you but I'd rather just call first. there is no cable or DSL or any other Internet of any type that I can rely on. I understand you obviously lost privileges or the tower was not compatible with what networking infrastructure you are trying to install. Either way my generally good service dried up. I have asked for integrity and as much transparency as possible.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Could not have said it better myself. You Go!
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Stuckon3g. Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the service.

To better assist you, please send us a private message.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Ha. I guess it is "Welcome to the club" from what I have been reading. I have been stuck with this issue since August 23rd when my phone updayed. IS there a fix for this coming out or am I switching service providers. Because I refuse to be forced to switch phones.

Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear that, @Klown4life. Please, let us know the make and model of your phone.

Highlighted
Accomplice

@RossyC It is also a Samsung Galaxy S9 G960U

Highlighted
Agent

We understand. Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I believe this information should have been disseminated  to us in advance so we could make arrangements  to get different devices. I also think this was not though through enough. Samsung phones are the second largest of maybe first  largest and excluding certain Samsung phones seems counterproductive. I purchased this phone through the company a little over a year ago.  It is not acceptable to be told it is not compatible with the new expanded network.  I am a senior citizen on a fixed income. I was told by a rep named mike in the Philippines that I would at the very least get a month of service free. I also expect an explanation of what happened. I know you lost privilege on the towers near me. Will you ever get this back and or will you be riding on the new T-mobile tower going on on klondike road in desoto mo 63020. I am keeping a phone but I have been forced to abandon my 80 a month plan. Because I am not paying for a 50 gig hotspot and unlimited when in fact it drops to 2 G after 35 gig is reached across both platforms. This is ridiculous as 2g is useless in a world of high speed cable and 5g. You should not be allowed to call this unlimited. At least T-mobile has higher data caps and only slows down to 3g.  I am extremely disappointing in who or what group decided to do this upgrade and not provision most if not all galaxy phones in to the network infrastructure or provide assistance in purchasing a different and compatible device. A very unsatisfied customer that never missed a payment.