Is the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ covered by insurance?

Groupie

Is the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ covered by insurance?

I went to a boost store and they set up my new phone so everything is transferred. So this phone works with the service. I was told to make sure that the insurance that I have on my account is 100% covering my new phone. I was told there might be a possibility that I will be paying $7 but the coverage is not actually covering my phone because it is unlocked. I need to know if my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ is being covered by the insurance or not.

3 REPLIES 3
Agent

Re: Is the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S9+ covered by insurance?

Hi there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're glad to assist you. The insurance can only be added for brand new Boost Mobile phones (in some cases, Certified Pre-Owned phones too) within 30 days of the first activation. Past 30 days, we can no longer add it to the account. ~AmyM25

~AmyM25
Groupie

I understand that already. So you are saying Unlocked phones are not covered? I got mine from Amazon, but it is a universal, so it can be with several carriers. It came from Samsung. Am I not getting active coverage on my phone right now. So if something happens to it, Boost Mobile has me 100% covered?
Highlighted
Agent

Unfortunately, Phone Insurance does not cover unlocked phones.