Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

I'm trying to unlock my phone, no way to get a person on the line

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm trying to unlock my phone, no way to get a person on the line

Hi, I want to unlock my S8 phone, I had it for +3 years now, I called 1 888 266 7848 and tried different options, but so far I did not found an option to request the unlock, or even to talk with a support agent.

What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: I'm trying to unlock my phone, no way to get a person on the line

Hi there Eticas. Thank you for contacting us. To unlock a device it needs to have been active on a Boost mobile account for 12 months. Please send us a private message if this is the case. Victor21

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Eticas. Thank you for contacting us. To unlock a device it needs to have been active on a Boost mobile account for 12 months. Please send us a private message if this is the case. Victor21

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing. I recently switched carriers after many years with Boost (Boost was great but I got an offer I just couldn't refuse 🙂 ) Anyhoo, I called 1-888-BOOST4U a couple of weeks ago and talked to an agent who verified that I'm eligible for unlocking of my Galaxy S8+. She said it would take 3-5 days and if there was any problem to call back with a confirmation number that she gave me.  I tried putting a working SIM card in a few times over the last couple weeks but it still fails to work. When I called the BOOST number again the other day they said that it is unlocked but I beg to differ. Funny thing is that the message on the phone says I need to call SPRINT to unlock the device. I know BOOST runs on the SPRINT network so is that what I really need to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, and MEID/IMEI number of the phone to further investigate. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Well, I came here after I tried unsuccessfully to do the process via phone, one Boostmobile Agent ask me to send all details in a private message.

After I sent the message everything was expedite, I only had to keep my phone on and 2 hours later it restarted itself and it was unlocked, I didn't do anything else.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

So, it turns out my phone probably WAS unlocked this whole time (heck it may have even been unlocked before I called the first time LOL idk).  Apparently, and I don't know why nobody mentioned this so I wouldn't have wasted so much time on this,  there is ANOTHER step on the users end to unlock it. Long story short, I changed up my search terms in google (can't remember to what) but I found a youtube video that showed going into something like Settings > System Updates >  UICC Unlock. Anyways, once I did that a message came up that is unlocked! I was like HOLY SH*T is it that simple? I then confirmed that it was in fact unlocked by putting in my new carrier SIM card and Voila! working phone (after a re-start). 

Groupie

i have the same problem but different story
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, @Juan-7-77! Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the phone and your email address to further assist you.