Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

I have Samsung J3 (2016) Put pin for lock screen and want to have none but cannot change to no pin

Go to solution
Accomplice

I have Samsung J3 (2016) Put pin for lock screen and want to have none but cannot change to no pin

I put a PIN on my lock screen but now want to take it off.  But when I go to settings, the place to click on "None" for type of security is not highlighted to click and I no longer want the pin security....how do I delete it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Agent

Re: I have Samsung J3 (2016) Put pin for lock screen and want to have none but cannot change to n...

Try going to Settings > Security > Clear credentials. Might also be under Settings > Security > Certificate management > Clear credentials. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Agent

Re: I have Samsung J3 (2016) Put pin for lock screen and want to have none but cannot change to n...

Hi there! Definitely wanna look into that for you. Have you turned on device encryption? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

no....no encryption

Highlighted
Agent

Was the PIN on the lock screen added due to an app that you downloaded?

Highlighted
Accomplice

No...the PIN was always there to click on....right now the two options, "None" and "Swipe" are not highlighted so cannot click them

Highlighted
Agent

It will require you to enter the PIN again before changing the lock method. Does it let you change to pattern? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I tried to change it to pattern and that worked but it still would not allow me to change to "none"

Highlighted
Agent

Try going to Settings > Security > Clear credentials. Might also be under Settings > Security > Certificate management > Clear credentials. Let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accomplice

Oh My God!   You are a genius!      I have been on the phone with Boost for over 45 minutes and they could not help!    You did it!!   Thank you so much!