I am having a big problem with boost mobile with a pre owned samsung galaxy s8 plus that I bought

Highlighted

I am having a big problem with boost mobile with a pre owned samsung galaxy s8 plus that I bought

.I have been a customer for boost mobile for over a year. I bought a samsung galaxy s8 plus pre owned on boost mobile online on June 1 and I received the phone in June 3rd. Since I received the phone, I activated and tried to charge it but  the phone was turned off and I could not turned it on. On June 4th, I called boost mobile customer service and they kept transferring me to the Pre- owned number and they could not fix the problem since I reactivated the phone to my old phone LG stylo 2. Yesterday I called boost mobile customer service again and they transferred me to Samsung and they said  to send the phone to repair it.cause it passed the 14 days warranty policy  but I did call on June 4th and the customer service people kept transferring me. I don't want the phone to be repaired because I have a 90- day warranty and I want to return it to boost mobile and have my money back or give me another phone. I hope this  message find the right person and I need  an answer to know in this case what I should do in order to get a return label and return the phone. I look forward to your answer.
7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: I am having a big problem with boost mobile with a pre owned samsung galaxy s8 plus that I bo...

We truly apologize for the inconvenience, cassylac. Unfortunately, the device has already exceeded the 7-days Return Policy, so it can't be returned.

As your device is a Pre-Owned phone, it's covered under the 90 Day Limited Replacement Warranty. In order to submit a claim, you can call them at 1-844-834-5579 between the hours of 6:00 a.m CT and 11:00 p.m. CT. Even the device is not currently activated on the account, they should be able to assist you. 

Groupie

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Bad headphone Jack, dried glue around finger print reader, arrived few days ago.

Purchased a PRE-Owned Samsung Galaxy S8+, 5/14/2019, after purchasing several phones this way and they had all worked. This one was a replacement for a New S8 that was supposed to be waterproof, lol. Anyways. This one arrived a few days back, and I never used wired headphones. My daughter was in doctors office and wanted to listen to music. Headphones just fell out of jack hole. Plugs right into my old phone. PRE-Owned phone has no connection period. You cannot even see the Copper Connections. Empty hole. Very disappointed. And it looks like from what I read I am out of luck if I want a replacement for this, since I would have to be without a phone, and a lot of people have written that the warranty process is a heart breaker. You Buy a Phone, Trust in the Company, Receive a Defective Product, Have to pay to ship it back, Wait, And be without a phone. Really wish my phone that arrived in a cute white package, saying  Our Factory Trained Technicians have verified your phone is working, Really was true. Have been a customer for 7 Years. 

Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Bad headphone Jack, dried glue around finger print reader, arrived few day...

We understand your frustration, mastern342.  

All pre-owned phones come with a 90-day warranty. You can put in a claim. You can Call 1-844-834-5579 between the hours of 6:00a.m CT and 11:00p.m. CT to submit a claim under this Limited Warranty.

Accomplice

Re: I am having a big problem with boost mobile with a pre owned samsung galaxy s8 plus that I bough

I just bought a pre-owned Samsung S8 for my sons birthday. We tried to activate and it said that it had restrictions and to enter a code. Basically i paid for a phone that was never refurbished or cleaned and instead of giving my money back they sent me to an insurance company for warranty. My son just bought a new phone from another carrier and im stuck with a bogus pre owned phone. This is the worst costumer service experience ever and not one ounce of personal care.
Accomplice

Re: I am having a big problem with boost mobile with a pre owned samsung galaxy s8 plus that I bough

Not only is the S8 pre owned a horrible purchase but i bought it from the boost mobile website. Maybe they should not sell pre owned phones that ask you to return the phone to sprint or pay of the lease. Maybe they should actually refurbish the phone as advertised and mybe they should care about the customers thay have because boost just lost one monthly and might loose two more by this time tomorrow.
Agent

We're truly sorry to hear that, @Jcarroll. Please send us a private message with the order number so we can take a closer look at this.

Thank you for the information. We escalated your issue to our technicians with all the details you provided. We apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your patience. Please wait 24/48 hours while we work with your case. We remain at your service.