Hands Free Activation Issue: Galaxy S9+ from AT&T

Accomplice

Hands Free Activation Issue: Galaxy S9+ from AT&T

So I have a used Galaxy S9+ that is from AT&T that I have been able to swap onto my account, I have the Boost SIMOLW506TQ (I have tried 2, with a 3rd on the way), and everything looks good on the swap. However, the phone does not go through the hands free activations. ##72786# does not pop up the reset to program, and in settings there is no option to update PRL or profile, which I assume is due to the AT&T software settings. I have reset the network settings, and factory reset the phone many times. I even went as far as using Odin to swap the latest Sprint firmware, but the phone still boots up with the AT&T settings.

So my question is, does anyone here have any experience with this specific issue doing the hands free activation? I have called Boost and been through all of the usual attempts to activate, I have private messaged the Boost ppl on here, and I also spent time in my local store. I am already anticipating the canned response from the Boost ppl on here to "private message so they can look into this", but what I need at this point is someone that has dealt with this issue, and how they resolved it. Thanks in advance for ANY help!
7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Hands Free Activation Issue: Galaxy S9+ from AT&T

Hi there! Sorry to hear about this issue. Please try dialing the code as follows *#*#72786#*#*. This is the trigger for certain unlocked phones. Please let us know if you get any response so we may determine a course of action. 

Accomplice

EdmundM, unfortunately the result of that sequence was the same as the standard command:

Screenshot_20190224-113613_Phone.jpg

Agent

I see. We'd like to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Accomplice

For the sake of keeping this thread current, I would like to report back that I worked with EdmundM and JoyP on this issue through Private Message. We tried the following:

1. ##72786#
  2. *#*#72786#*#*
  3. Set APN to "Sprint OTA"
  4. Turn phone off, push out programming command from carrier side and restart phone
  5. Attempt to make call - get "Emergency calls only" error
  6. Update PRL from Settings > System Updates - This is not an option with the AT&T software

None of these yielded any changes. My next step will be to use Odin to overwrite the current AT&T firmware version of G935USQU3ARG7 (Oreo) with the Sprint version G935USQU3CSAB (Pie). My hope is that the carrier specific files will allow for Hands Free Activation. I will update later with the results of that effort.

Agent

Thank you for the information, jordankeck. Please let us know the outcome. 

Agent

That's great! Thank you for sharing that with us!

Groupie

Thank you for sharing this problem as I am currently having the same issue. The only problem I am facing is how would I obtain the 4 digit code? The code request looks exactly like the picture above. Thanks in advance