Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Galaxy s7 nougat update??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Galaxy s7 nougat update??

I will be buying the S7 on Friday and I want to know if and when it will have the Oreo update.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy s7 nougat update??

Samsung officially released the Oreo Update for the S7 Then.....

Samsung halted the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Oreo update. The company announced that the update was causing bootloops in “a limited number of cases,” so it “temporarily stopped the rollout of the update.” Samsung gave no indication as to when the update might start again. For what it's worth, word on the "street" is the rollout will resume around the 28th of May.

Take heart, the S7 will get Oreo. I think it's worth the wait to be as bug free as possible.

I have an S7 edge running 8.0 beta and generally really like it. Unless you really like custom message tones for each of your contacts, Samsung removed that.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Agent

We're sorry, @Djones201, we don't have that information at the moment.

Highlighted

Samsung officially released the Oreo Update for the S7 Then.....

Samsung halted the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge Oreo update. The company announced that the update was causing bootloops in “a limited number of cases,” so it “temporarily stopped the rollout of the update.” Samsung gave no indication as to when the update might start again. For what it's worth, word on the "street" is the rollout will resume around the 28th of May.

Take heart, the S7 will get Oreo. I think it's worth the wait to be as bug free as possible.

I have an S7 edge running 8.0 beta and generally really like it. Unless you really like custom message tones for each of your contacts, Samsung removed that.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Edit 05/18/2018
Samsung has now resumed the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge Oreo update release which is good for those who have been waiting for a taste of Oreo.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Okay thanks for the update. I'll be looking out for it.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I recently got the nougat update. TERRIBLE! Do not update, in my opinion. Battery life has PLUMMETED. I've had my phone off the charger for about 3 hours, minimal use, and down to 60%.
Tried clearing cash partition, factory reset, all the normal stuff. No luck. After doing a search on Google, apparently it's a common problem.
I just for this phone a few weeks ago and it was awesome before the update. In addition to the battery, it also chews up a lot of memory. I'm lucky if I have a gig of memory. I'll run the optimizer and itll get better, briefly.
Beyond frustrated
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, once the software update is performed you may not be able to remove it. But, have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the device?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted

Well that doesn't sound right. Nougat (Android 7.0) has been out on the S7 for over a year and is a pretty stable operating system.

Obviously, I don't know your setup but if you go to  Settings > Device Maintenance >Battery >battery usage, what does it say is consuming most of your battery ? What apps, if any do you have installed ? Have you tried running in safe mode to disable any third party apps?  You might also try turning "power saving mode" to max and see how your battery life is. (as a test, this stops apps from running in the background)  As far as built in apps.... that facebook crap is a known battery killer. Try disabling any apps you don't use that will save battery in any case.

Highlighted
Accomplice

As I said. Already tried that stuff. Even in safe mode it's slow, laggy, no memory, battery drain.
Battery usage is 3% or under for the apps in that list. My fiance has the same problems since the update. (She also has an s7)
I had nougat on my ZTE Max XL and had all the same issues.
Highlighted

Hey there, RobJr84! That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this! It seems to be a known issue for this device at this time. Samsung knows about this and is working on a resolution for all of their users. We deeply appreciate your patience while this is resolved.