Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

Enthusiast

Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

For nearly a week I have not been able to use my mobile data or send/receive MMS. I have tried resetting the phone, clearing caches, using the ##72786# reset, and resetting the network. Nothing is working and I am missing important messages from my employees and vendors. My account is completely up to date so there should be no reason I cannot use my mobile data. Ever since the merger I have had issues with my phone and service.

108 REPLIES 108
Enthusiast

I am having the exact same issue and Boost tells me they dont know of anyone having this problem then I find this thread..I have been a virgin mobile..boost for yrs but this is ridiculous. Just started a week ago
Enthusiast

Mine started working just fine last week. I had done all the tricks posted here with no luck. I had given up and was using 3g for a few weeks. Then I decided to try 4g and see what happens and it's back to normal. Who knows!!
Accomplice

SOLUTION that worked for me:  go into your phones DEFAULT "messages app". Go into settings - then Chat Settings. I switched OFF my "Rich Communications Settings" - waited 2 minted then turned it back ON. I then set "select default message type" to automatic.  Then I switched my phone NETWORK from CDMA back to LTE / CDMA. Phone rebooted - it WORKED for me. I was amazed.

Enthusiast

I have a S8 and having the same problem .it's driving me crazy...and running the battery down on my phone..let us know if u find a fix
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

Enthusiast

Didnt work for me but thanks!
Agent

You're welcome. Remember that you can also access https://boost.co/2VzQWpi to make plan changes, make payments, check your due date, and more. We remain at your service. Have a nice day and stay safe!

Enthusiast

This all started about 1 month ago out of no where..I have to turn wifi off to receive text messages..I have a Samsung S8..have called two boost stores and they give me the reset code but it doesn't fix the problem
Agent

So sorry about the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can work through this? 

Accomplice

And this is supposed to be acceptable to customers?  I have had Boost mobile service for nearly a decade. This is a VERY recent problem. Something has become an issue on YOUR end. We should not have to accept changes to your service with no notification or explanation. I have missed very important group messages from my employer. I should not have to keep my  WIFI off just in case I receive a MMS message, I should not have to disrupt my streaming in order to send a picture. I pay for LTE service. I should not be forced to use 3g service because I want to use MMS in the same manner as I have for years. 

This is not normal. I have been a loyal customer. I am prepared to leave. Is there Nothing that can be done about this? Are we just supposed to suddenly accept unsatisfactory service because this is a pre-paid phone service provider? I need to understand what you all are going to do to help us. If you all aren't going to fix this problem, please let us know. I need to get a new provider while companies are still offering Christmas specials.