Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

Enthusiast

Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

For nearly a week I have not been able to use my mobile data or send/receive MMS. I have tried resetting the phone, clearing caches, using the ##72786# reset, and resetting the network. Nothing is working and I am missing important messages from my employees and vendors. My account is completely up to date so there should be no reason I cannot use my mobile data. Ever since the merger I have had issues with my phone and service.

107 REPLIES 107
Accomplice

Thanks again for the information. So to clarify, although you have a BYOD policy, you can't guarantee that I'll be able to use MMS with any device I bring in under the BYOD policy, even if I use Boost's online tool to check the phone and the online tool tells me it will work? 

Agent

Features and network experience may vary based on device and/or original phone carrier. Not all plan services or device features may be available including International Roaming, Mobile Hotspot, MMS (multi-media text messages), some browsers, some Boost Mobile products, or eCare (native account management applications).

Visit https://www.boostmobile.com/bring-your-phone.html?intnav=TopNav:Phones:BringYourPhone for more details. 

Groupie

For the past week, I have had issues send mms. They either fail to send or idle the sending. I tried resending the messages and occasionally I can get it to go through. This happens both over wifi and mobile data.
Agent

Hey there @drwood23714 We apologize for the inconvenience. Please, send us a private message, so we can further assist you.

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message". 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Enthusiast

so its October 19th today and same issue is going on, I have perfect 4g LTE all bars, perfect WIFI, I can send and receive phone calls, voicemail and texts just fine, but MMS still does not work I can not send or receive them, sending fails after several minutes of the hamster wheel spinning, and still get the "download message" banner when some one sends me a MMS. I went to a boost store today and they said it was a known issue, so their is still no fix, I tried the whole PRL, profile update and the ##72786# reset and still no resolve. the lady at the boost store said so far that she has been met with android users s9 and older with this issue. its completely ridiculous that this is still going on for over a month now from what I can tell, I didn't know it was happening that long because my phone started doing this last week I have an s8
Accomplice

Yep, it's just sad SMH

Accomplice

If you switch your Mobile Networks setting to CDMA you may be able to send MMS. The CDMA mobile network setting causes your phone to run as a 3G phone but you can send MMS with WiFi on in that mode.
Accomplice

Sorry, I missed the fact that you already knew this.
Enthusiast

Hey Im having the same problem. I went to switch to CDMA and it said something about messing with my SIM card. Is that ok to have ot change the sim card setting? New to this problem and dont want to further f up my phone. Ive tried all the other stuff and I still cant send or receive mms messages. Thanks for any help!

I just changed mine to CDMA and it did not affect the sim card once reset.  I was able to read my MMS.  I have the same problem as the OP, which started a few months ago also.  Boost will not take responsibility.  I should not have to take my phone off of wifi to receive MMS.  I have spoken to them also and tried all the generic resets.  Again, they won't admit they have a problem.  I understand MMS comes in via Cell towers, so Boost rep stop repeating that.  Plain and simple,  MMS will not open if wifi is turned on; I should not have to turn off my wifi to receive MMS.